servos bad?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey I just got my savage back out after about 3 weeks and started it up and ran just fine, but would not turn. it seemed to turn one way ok but none the other and also when sitting on the table with the motor of the servo wont even turn the tires whats wrong? also i tried to run it today and now my throttle is reversed for some reason when i apply the brake with the motor off the carb opens all the way and then when i apply the gas it closes what can i do to fix both of these. thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
the stock steering servo isn't as strong as it should be...when sitting still, mine barely moved...as far as turning one way, but not the other, adjust your steering trim on your controller...also, check the batteries or hump pack...

as for fixing the reversed throttle/brake servo, that's an easy one...there's a switch on your controller, that reverses the steering, and another that reverses the throttle...the throttle switch has apparently been switched...

theres a dial on the controller for steering sensitivity, try adjusting that to get ur wheels to turn more. that caught me out when i first got my savvy.

good call...forgot about the ST D/R knob (steering dual rate) check that as well...

servos bad

i tried what you guys said bout the controller i guess i had some buttons get moved. turn the steering trim up and wheels turn fine and then swithed some other buttons back and then the throttle/ brake worked fine thanks againfor the advice.

anyone had any trouble with trannys or recievers i got my savage x today but all the controls work backwards i.e. left is right forward is reverse. The reverse switches on the transmitter have no effect
gutted help

got my sav y x todayanyone had any trouble with trannys or recievers i got my savage x today but all the controls work backwards i.e. left is right forward is reverse. The reverse switches on the transmitter have no effect
gutted help
Tried to help in your other post please look there. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
theres a switch on the tranny that reverses each servo. check that first. caught me out before.

hi again i tried the tranny on another old model it worked but the reverse switches did'nt so i have bought a net tranny and reciever that appears to have cured it although there is not a lot of reverse movement on the servo before it is pulling tight on the throttle linkage and as a result i have had to adjust the brake a lot on the linkage to get any effect anyone else come across this
also can i use my old crystals still my old standard tranny was 27mhz am
new is 40mhz am
any ideas would be great i have yet to start the engine on it !!!!!
:nutshot:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back