Servos and hump pack battery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benny

After i get the new tranny in my truck the next thing i wanna do is get new servos and a bigger hump pack, i have the original hpi servos that they put on the savage 21 and there not horrible but there outdated and from what ive read if i get the right servos then my steering will improve and so will my throttle response, also the hump pack i use is trinity monster 800mah NiMH battery that does pretty good but gets REALLY hot and starts to lose its power after aoput 15 minutes of running, so what would be some good servos to replace my old ones and what kind of hump pack and how big should i get to power everything

Thanks
Benny

Wow, Crash were you bored? lol

hahah LOL!!! i was thinking the same thing.

benny, If you are not looking to spend much go to servocity.com for some hitec servos. Here is the deal, if you have stock radio (or some close to it, like a cheap AM) Then get Standard servo's, Digital will not hurt you, just your pocketbook. HS-645MG for steering and HS-625MG for your throttle. If you have a good radio (higher class FM, or spectrum class) then get digital servos. Like mid-range servos would be HS-5645MG for steering and HS-5625MG (or still HS-625MG, you don't need much for throttle) for throttle (i would recommend getting digital no matter what, if you have the cash to spend.)

If you like to buy servo's for good. Spend some money get the Titanium Series servo's by hitec. Like HS-5955TG for steering and HS-5996TG for throttle. Or my new favorite new friend JR Z9100T for Steering, i found that servo at a lot of places for around $100 to $115. Great servo.

Get the ofna 1600 mah. Or try a new type pack from batterypackonly.com I just got one order for me. I don't know how good the pack is, but 2600 mah you can not beat that. You could run your truck all week. lol j/k

^^^ Look all in one post! ^^^ LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Supplier Model Size (in) Wt. (oz) Speed (6v) Torque (6v) Bearing MSRP
Airtronics 94102 1.54 x .79 x 1.42 1.59 .22 sec/60° 50 oz-in N/A $39.95
Airtronics 94141 1.42 x .60 x 1.29 1.17 .20 sec/60° 45 oz-in Single $89.95
Airtronics 94145 1.42 x .60 x 1.29 1.11 .07 sec/60° 33 oz-in Single $99.95
Airtronics 94157 1.54 x .79 x 1.48 2.07 .06 sec/60° 95 oz-in Double $159.95

Has anyone looked at this list? I seen this list before some were else on this forum. I just started looking at it, it's a Very Bad list to be posting. I don't mean ANY dis:resp: AT ALL. But posting bad information is not good.

There are servo's in that list that are not even an option for a savage or any other 1/8th size truck for that matter. It looks like a list for rc airplane servos. You can't use those servos in any 1/10 or 1/8 size model.

Another example is, out of the hitec section of the list, there are NO!!! options that would even fit a savage. Let alone most of those servos are not available any more. That is just one example, the whole list is pretty much the same outdated information.

So in short, please don't post that list of servo's due to it being very out dated (pricing and availability) as well and moreover most of those servos are not even an option for savages or MT a like.

i agree about the list, i have seen it before too and i think it's from an airplane forum. very old info too, no disrespect though thanks for trying to help

I used the search button here to find that list

its not mine of course, thanks wind jammer . lol

sorry for that Benny

hahah LOL!!! i was thinking the same thing.

benny, If you are not looking to spend much go to servocity.com for some hitec servos. Here is the deal, if you have stock radio (or some close to it, like a cheap AM) Then get Standard servo's, Digital will not hurt you, just your pocketbook. HS-645MG for steering and HS-625MG for your throttle. If you have a good radio (higher class FM, or spectrum class) then get digital servos. Like mid-range servos would be HS-5645MG for steering and HS-5625MG (or still HS-625MG, you don't need much for throttle) for throttle (i would recommend getting digital no matter what, if you have the cash to spend.)

If you like to buy servo's for good. Spend some money get the Titanium Series servo's by hitec. Like HS-5955TG for steering and HS-5996TG for throttle. Or my new favorite new friend JR Z9100T for Steering, i found that servo at a lot of places for around $100 to $115. Great servo.

Get the ofna 1600 mah. Or try a new type pack from batterypackonly.com I just got one order for me. I don't know how good the pack is, but 2600 mah you can not beat that. You could run your truck all week. lol j/k

^^^ Look all in one post! ^^^ LOL

you are awseome

rep apllied

Hitech 645MG for the steering, and the Hitech 625 for the throttle. Venom 1600mAh hump pack. That combo is basically what I have now, and I'll NEVER change it unless I go digital. The servo's work great, and the hump pack lasts FOREVER.

The whole set won't cost over 100 bucks at any LHS, so give it a shot. You will NOT be dissappointed. The 645mg has enough torque to do the job, and the 625 has the speed that works. :)

Just my $0.02 :) Hope it helps bud

Members online

Back