servo stripping issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aktrite28

Hey guys, I'm running a savage flux hp,w about 2 hours run time, came with the hpi sf-50, I'm mostly a basher but after taking it to a local indoor clay track i noticed my servo was striped, so i replaced it with an hs 645mg i had laying around untill i get a higher torque one, well after my next run wich was at the track again i striped the hitec servo again? What could be causing this?

On the right side of the servo saver, there's a threaded post with a spring and nut. That's where you adjust the tension on the spring. If you get a new servo that has tons of torque (200 oz-in. +), you'll have to change out the spring for the optional HD (heavy duty) spring. I'm usin the Hitec HS5955TG (which has now been replaced with the HS7955TG) which has 333oz-in. of torque. I never changed out the spring to the HD one, so I had to run the adjustment nut pretty tight but it still has enough room left for the saver to do it's job. If I ever have to pull the front end apart or replace the servo, then I'll upgrade to the HD spring. But I've been runnin that servo for the past 4-5 yrs and haven't had any problems with it. Here's a pic with the right side TVP removed so you have an idea of where the nut is. My set-up is different than yours in regards to the servo location and how it's set-up, but the servo saver is the same.

106_1058.JPG

It may be easier to adjust if you take the right side TVP of to get to it. Hope this helps you out some.

ok, i just received and installed a new hs 7954hs steel gear servo wich is pushing 333oz@6v .15sec and up to 403oz @7.4v .12sec, i removed tvp and adusted the nut pretty much as high as it goes, will that work? hpi recomends 4mm gap only lol...or should i opt for hd spring?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back