Servo Question?????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SAVDOG

I AM WANTING A BETTER STEERING SERVO AND I FOUND THIS ONE
Hitec HS-5955TG TITANIUM GEAR SERVO WITH 333 OZ. TORQUE. BUT WHAT I NEED TO KNOW IS WILL MY STOCK RECEIVER BE COMPATIABLE WITH THIS SERVO? HOW CAN I TELL? I JUST HAVE THE STOCK SAVVY 25 RECEIVER AND I AM RUNNING A 1600MHA HUMP PACK. IF ANY OF YOU SAVVY PROS COULD HELP ME OUT THAT WOULD BE GREAT BECAUSE I WENT TO BIG TIRES AND I CAN'T EVEN TURN WITH THE STOCK SERVO SO I AM NOT EVEN BASHING TILL I GET A NEW SERVO HELP!!!

I originally wanted the same one. But it's overkill. The stock servo saver can't handle that much torque, or so I"ve been told. Plus they're expensive.
I installed a Hitec HS-985MG, it's cheaper and does a great job. I run goliath tires on mine and they're among the biggest you can get. Peace.

I agree this servo is to much, I hat saying that as we can never have enough power but Its not worth the money on a savage. A good servo for you would be a HS-5645MG. Its digital and has around 164oz with 6V and its fairly cheap at ~$50. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXUZ80&P=ML

As far as your radio/reciever you will be just fine running a digital servo. It would help if you were running like a FASST Futaba or something simmular remote but you will love a digital servo. If your just a basher you don't need a digital servo but they are very nice.

Hey Thanks I Checked Them Out And They Are Alot Better Price. The Reason I Need Bigger Servo Is Becasue I Put The 23mm Hex And I Am Running The Cen Genesis Tires And Rims They Are 7.5 In. Tall And 4in Wide (monsters) Well You Guys Are Great I Will Post When I Get The One I Want And Let You Know How It Works. Peace

Hey Is Anyone Else Running The Genesis Rims And Tires??? Let Me Know How They Do If You Are Because I Have Not Been Able To Run My Truck Since I Got Them I Am Waiting For New Bulkheads I Broke The Hell Out Of Mine Doing A Huge Jump (way To Big) But Fun You Know What I Mean:) Well Let Me Know If Anyone Is Running Thoses.

There is not much diffrence in these are there. HS-5645MG/Hitec HS-985MG for the price diffrence. So if i get either of these do i have to buy a new remote or can i use my stock remote???

so it will work i am getting the HS-5645MG and a 1400 mha hump pack hope your right. i looked at the futuba transmitter i need to save a little $$$ for that maby next month:) thanks bro

Picture040a.jpg

these are my monsters as for price there is a 75$ difference.

There is not much diffrence in these are there. HS-5645MG/Hitec HS-985MG for the price diffrence. So if i get either of these do i have to buy a new remote or can i use my stock remote???

The HS-985MG isnt Digital it is Analog as far as I know and the HS-5645MG is Digital and cheaper, I'm not sure why seems weard.

Sorry dude, I was thinking of the tg one. But if a digital servo of about the same as an analog in price. I'm with Larsen on this one, something doesn't click . Peace.

The HS-985MG isnt Digital it is Analog as far as I know and the HS-5645MG is Digital and cheaper, I'm not sure why seems weard.

that does seem a bit weird, digital is almost always more expensive!! hmmmm wonder whats up with that?

Well some of the reason is the HS-985MG is that its coreless but still doesnt compair to a digital servo execially when the digital servo i have listed is a machine 164oz at 6V, pleanty for any savage any tire/wheel combo. Some say more but thats not needed its mainly over kill but if you can afford it more will never hurt but the servo saver will never hold more.

Oh Yeah Those Are Pretty Big Tires. How Tall Are They? Are They 7.5 Like The Genesis Wheels Because Thats What I Put On Mine But Have Not Been Able To Run It Yet With Them On There. Can You Still Pull Wheelies With The Big Tires? I Bought A 1400 Hump Pack And The Hitech Hs-5645mg 166 Oz. Steering Hope I Like It Waiting For It In The Mail. Let Me Know How Your Truck Does Groovethumper With Tires.

Hey Thanks I Checked Them Out And They Are Alot Better Price. The Reason I Need Bigger Servo Is Becasue I Put The 23mm Hex And I Am Running The Cen Genesis Tires And Rims They Are 7.5 In. Tall And 4in Wide (monsters) Well You Guys Are Great I Will Post When I Get The One I Want And Let You Know How It Works. Peace

I'm running the same rim/tire combo on my savvy. The Cen GSt 7.7 rim/tires. And I'm also using the Hitec HS-5955TG servo for steering. With a fully charged hump pack, I can turn the tires from just shy of lock to lock on concrete.

Man Those Wheels Are Crazy Big Arn"t They. So Does It Still Pull Wheelies And Does It Drive Good Still? So That Servo Does Just Fine? Let Me Know It Has Been Driving Me Crazy I Bought A Crap Load Of New Stuff For My Truck And Have Not Been Able To Run It (waiting For Bulk Heads) So Let Me Know How You Like Those Wheels Also Do You Know Where To Get The Street Tires For Those Rims?

Hey I Just Noticed You Have The Adaptors That Came With The Rims? I Got The Same Ones With Mine And I Can't Get The Pin Through That Hold The Hex On The Hole Is To High Up. So I Had To Spend Another $30 Dollars To Get Custom Ones For My Truck. Let Me Know How You Got Them To Work Thanks.

Man Those Wheels Are Crazy Big Arn"t They. So Does It Still Pull Wheelies And Does It Drive Good Still? So That Servo Does Just Fine? Let Me Know It Has Been Driving Me Crazy I Bought A Crap Load Of New Stuff For My Truck And Have Not Been Able To Run It (waiting For Bulk Heads) So Let Me Know How You Like Those Wheels Also Do You Know Where To Get The Street Tires For Those Rims?

No my truck doesn't wheelie anymore because it's ext. so much. It still drives pretty good though. Haven't had much time on it yet, clutch problems. I'm not sure about the street tires.

Hey I Just Noticed You Have The Adaptors That Came With The Rims? I Got The Same Ones With Mine And I Can't Get The Pin Through That Hold The Hex On The Hole Is To High Up. So I Had To Spend Another $30 Dollars To Get Custom Ones For My Truck. Let Me Know How You Got Them To Work Thanks.

I'm using the Pro-Line 23mm adapters. I'm not using the Cen 23mm hexes.

I have the JR9000t on my savage and it is way to much. It has 333oz. torque

and will break any plastic servo arm whether it be the stock or the dubro

arm. I have just put a dynamite aluminum arm on and hopefully it won't strip

the threads. If it holds up I will keep it. If not, I will get another with a little

less torque. I hope it holds up because it turns like lightning, no matter what

terrain the savage is set on.

Bring out the traxxas, bring out the traxxas.

If you still wan't wheelies you are going to need to drop your gear ratio down a bit. By increasing your wheel size you have basically increased your gear ratio and with the size of those wheels I'd say by a substantial amount.

Members online

Back