Servo Problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apache18

Hello All. I have just put a new JR650 servo on my steering(on a savage). It all went well until I flipped the truck over. I had the truck upside down to install the servo. Alls well. I turn the truck right side up and now it seems that the steering is binding up somewhere. Turn the truck upside down and it works just fine. Anybody ever have this problem? Thanks Joe

I just replaced my steering saver, my old setup was binding somewhere, tosted that same servo in 1 run. check the bearings or bushing's,disconect the servo and manually move the steering,see if you notice it binding anywhere. also if you run lunsford or any aftermarket rods,that have oversized rod ends, they can bind the steering at full suspention drop, they rub the steering plate. is it binding when you have it off the floor,wheels not tuching? or wheels on the ground? I would just recheck everything.

so it's not turning easily while sitting still? or while driving? if it's not turning while sitting still, that's just the curse of the monster truck...you need a MAJORLY beefy servo to get the steering to turn well while stationary...

I'm not sure what the JR650 is rated as far as torque, but unless it's pushing 200 ounce/inch, it doesn't surprise me if the steering behaves this way...

if it's not turning while driving however, then the servo itself could be bad, as even the stock SF-2 servo can turn the truck while moving...

Hey joe do u think u might have tighten the stearing linkage rod to tight did the same thing check that out and get back to us

Found the problem guys. I disconnected the servo from the steering and played with the steering. And found that the after market tierod ends was binding. On my way to buy some new ones. Thanks for the help guys.

cool same problem i had then... I used some 1/8 inch aluminum spacers and shimed my ballends down on the steering plate and it solved the prob. Just an idea incas you have problems finding rod ends that fit your tierods.

They were like stuck. Really hard to move around. Thanks guys.

Latest posts

Members online

Back