servo picks up another freq

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HPI_Savage_06

hey peeps i just bought my savage X SS 4.6 kit with the MX-3S in nov. haven't had a problem with it until about last week or so when my bro and i were riding on the track...all of the sudden my car pick up another freq and goes out of control, so i went running after it and change the freq one the receiver and control and it did it again, i prob change the channel about five times and everyone of them was getting pick up....does anyone out there wat can be the prob???..i need to get down and dirty again

Weard? Hop the MX-3s is a Synthesized fm radio I have the older version that uses cristals. is it still doing it or where therea lot of people at the track?

Ong its a FM
Mon yes it still doing it and no the only ppl at the track were my bro an i and no one was running indoor either
and then today i found out that its not my servos because i hook up a HPI receiver w/ control and it ran like normal or i should say like before(oh yea by the way it feels good to get dirty again haha) but that does not solve my problem cause that was only a test run on the servos i ran it about 3 tanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Weard? Hop the MX-3s is a Synthesized fm radio I have the older version that uses cristals. is it still doing it or where therea lot of people at the track?

So I'm an idiot. Sorry. I wasn't paying attention. off day. I should have looked that radio up.Didn't mean to mislead anyone. You think your antenna wire might be pinched or your battery lead wire touching the antenna wire inside the radio box? I also try to keep the antenna wire from touching the side fo the TVPs.

lol Hop I didnt meen it that way bro....hmm like hop said any dammage to the antena wire or wires running buy the battery lead. Did you try hooking your radio to your bros truck and see if it does it still.here are some pics of how i setup my box to keep everything seperated and neat. the center servo box i ran may servo wires into and also my fail safe. the radio tray I drilled a hole inline with my antena wire. here's some pics.

radiobox044ct6.jpg

radiobox041yj5.jpg

the antena wire is away from everything.
radiobox042fy8.jpg

may have to write airtronics about the prob.

Ong & Mon-
ill look at my wires and see if anything is cut or damage
oh and i really like that setup up Mon-very neat so it doesnt look like a bowl of spagaties.. i might tried that out and i called them today(weds) and they told me just to ship it out to them..they were really nice about it..i told them the prob and they just said ship it out to us
oh and if i do have spilts or cuts/damages to the wires..should i just throw electrical tape over them??

Latest posts

Members online

Back