servo murdered

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

derikmills

Hello! So I was planning to upgrade my radio next, but I have a change of plans. I landed a jump tonight and although it landed beautifully on all four wheels, it was a monster jump and somehow managed to send a pin from the servo gearing right through the front of the servo case. Didn't even know that was possible. So is there a certain type of servo I should invest in or will a savox 1230sg work just as good as Any? The only thing I do with my truck these days is jump it and I can't find any places with dirt jumps so I have to use a skate park and the concrete doesn't make for a soft landing. I should probly just stop, but it's too much fun for all that. So does anyone have any servo suggestions other than the one listed? Thanks in advance

When i changed mine i went with the savox sw 1210-sg it had like 277 oz torque at like 6 volts if your using a LiPo receiver pack and have a receiver that i capable of taking more than 6 volts. They have a sw 1210-sg thats puts out 7.4 volts. Mine works great at 6 volts.

it was a monster jump and somehow managed to send a pin from the servo gearing right through the front of the servo case.

You can't post something like that without pictures! We want to see the carnage!

Hahaha. That is fair X. Unfortunately there really is no carnage. Just a small hole where the pin shot through. I'll see if I can't maybe upload a pic.

tmp_26651-20170704_030859709287219.jpg I believe you can see the hole in this photo. So much for using the stock servo huh?

Hehe. Yep. Poor people do. Mine worked quite well for me actually. Let's face it, the front wheels are rarely on the ground anyway right? I've got a savox now. But today my slipper pad broke so now I'm gonna have to wait on another one. That's pretty annoying.

Well if you feel like you have too many then by all means feel free to ship one my way. Lol.
I am definitely new to the hobby and poor, but I do everything I can to keep it running. It occupies my time and keeps me out of my own head which is a terrible place for me to be so every penny spent is well worth it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back