Servo Linkage problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zep71

ok guys i am getting this Savage going but here is the problem. when i use the brake the connector on top of the servo that connect to the carb moves so that the carb is stuck ariund half throttle is their some thing missing? or not installed correct? posting a video to show it.

wow it never had it when i bought it, looks like the spring the had holding the exhaust pipe on. thank you let me see if i can find one of these springs

i got the new spring cant figure out where the one end goes
the diagram is little help

HSN = high speed needle housing, the other end goes around the throttle arm just as the diagram illustrates

Wow, I watched the video! Your servo saver is fragged. You could put ten springs on there and still have problems! That goldish steel ring between the throttle & brake is a spring steel split ring sort of thing. Take the saver apart and reassemble per the manual. I have had my screw come loose before(no pun intended) & that spring gets dislodged from the groove in the saver. Good vid by the way!

Thats really good advice thank you i will redo it!
Most guys switch to a slider/spring throttle setup. Less slop than the stock saver thing.

This is how I have my current X setup, the horn on the servo is solid:
2013-0316-SavageX-TankSideHigh.jpg

The "sliders" and collars are just traxxas parts.

These were linkage setups on previous savage's I had:
2004-1106-SavageThrottleLinkage.jpg

2008-1030-SavageThrottleLinkage.jpg

2010-0410-ThrottleLinkage.jpg

Most guys switch to a slider/spring throttle setup. Less slop than the stock saver thing.

This is how I have my current X setup, the horn on the servo is solid:
2013-0316-SavageX-TankSideHigh.jpg

The "sliders" and collars are just traxxas parts.

These were linkage setups on previous savage's I had:
2004-1106-SavageThrottleLinkage.jpg

2008-1030-SavageThrottleLinkage.jpg

2010-0410-ThrottleLinkage.jpg
my slayer has something close to this

well it only took one run with the savage to lose the carb return spring, not going to get another one. i will look into what olds97 recommended and i have a few ideas of my own.

you must of not clipped it right, because installed correctly those thing are hell of a hard to remove!!! check the teeth on the servo saver all so. they could be stripped...

you must of not clipped it right, because installed correctly those thing are hell of a hard to remove!!! check the teeth on the servo saver all so. they could be stripped...
You may be right i may have put it on wrong. i think i found a better setup to replace the whole mess. that is if Irma don't blow us away.

I did survive Irma lol my Savage has been on the back burner for awhile life keeping me from it. i bought some linkage parts going to see what i can work out.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back