September 11, 2001

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My nephew Jacob(who is FuelFather's son) turned one year old on that day. Sad thing to have to remember. Won't be forgotten, but we can't dwell either. I remember watching the 1st year anniversary where they read all the names out. I sat and watched AT LEAST half of it just in awe. Sad thing. I can't wait until the day we find Osama and deal with him like we did :sadd:

Wow Its Sooooo Weird To See This Thread!! I Was Just Thinking About That Day!!!!! How Thousands Of People Went To Work That Day Not Expecting Anything And That Day Changed All Our Lives Forever!! Even Here In Canada They Are Not Forgotten!!!!!!

Ya I Hope Old Osama Is Haunted By The Memories Of The Blood Thats On His Hands!! "MAY HE BURN IN HELL!!"

P.S......... SORRY FOR THE LANGUAGE, BUT THAT DAY TOUCHED VERY CLOSE TO HOME!!! FAMILY FRIENDS HAD A DAUGHTER THAT WORKED IN THE BUILDING AND THEY NEVER FOUND HER!

Last edited by a moderator:
Its a hard day for alot of people,i know i saw the towers fall,and then i was there for 6 weeks after and i cant even go to new york anymore.

What Really Disturbs Me Is When I Was Told About "the Towers" I Thought It Was A Joke!! I Landscape For A Living So I Didnt Even Know It Had Happened Till I Got Home!! The Video Of It Still Sends Chills Down My Spine!

Very sad day. Infuriating actually. Should be declared a national holiday. We got stupid holidays for like presidents of the past and crap. this is a day that will never be forgotten.

I remember . what I was doing when the first plane hit .. getting ready for work ..... I watched the 2 nd plane hit and then .. you know.

crazy thing is my aunt was on the 73rd floor of tower 1 . 2 days prior to the attack

i still remember exactly what i was doing and the whole entire day. when i was still living up in nj i was at work and my boss came back to me and said the world trade center was just hit by a plane. we went up front to listen to the radio and she called corporate and said we're going home early (she had family working there at the world trade center). by the time i got home i turned on the tv and saw the 2nd plane go into the other tower. i couldn't believe it. later to find out my best friends dad worked there. luckily he was stuck in traffic and saw everything from his car. if anyone is living in north jersey or wanna see a memorial for 9/11 look up information on eagle rock reservation. if u live near or know where west orange,nj is then look for eagle rock and go there. its truly amazing everything they did there for the lost one's at the world trade center.

Also . I work for a hollow metal frame company, and our company is building all the frames (window and door frames) For the new tower ..

its called the Freedom tower if you didn't know that . You can check out live webcams of the tower being built

I live near Eagle Rock Reservation. That is a perfect place for a memorial & they did it right. It's pretty impressive. The location is good because there is a great view of the city from there & lots of folks use the park there. There is also a very popular restaurant up there - The High Lawn Pavillion. Plenty of folks visit the memorial every day.

Having the memorial up there at Eagle Rock - in that high profile location - reminds everyone about what happened to us on 9-11-01.

If you live in the area, or ever find yourself in the area, you should go there.

Somehow I really don't feeling like anything has changed to make us any safer. I fly all the time, but all I see is longer lines and ever changing rules, like taking off your shoes for cryin out loud. I don't know what the point of Homeland security is if it still can't consolidate information from the CIA, FBI, Secret service, etc. And the 911 comission report recomendatins have yet to followed. Six years later and and it is till a unhealed wound in our country, and all we have done about it is.....what? Start a war we can never get out of? Give up the hunt for Osama? Usually a tragety leads people to mobalize and do something about it. What have we done about it? Thats what really hurts to me. the fact that I cant find any closure without any progress.

Members online

Back