Selling my LRP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Upbasher

Ok long story short I hate LRP...I couldn't tune it to save my life. Really I couldn't.
Anyways it has barely a gallon of fuel ran through it, piston is still tight in the sleeve. Engine cost me $162 new, what do you guys think I could get for it?
I want to get another ofna .28 or maybe a .32.
Do you guys think I could get $125 shipped for it and do any of you guys want to buy it?

WHAT ? ? ? ? couldn't get it in tune ? if ya can tune an ofna then the LRP should tune just exactly like it.... ya need to slow down and fine tune it like we discussed in the shout box.... didnt sound that far outta runnin fine to me in ur vids actually....

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know i did everything you said, adjusting in 1/8 turn every time, still would not work.
It'll run fine for a few seconds and then start leanin bogging on bottom end. Then after that it will start running rich.
I don't understand it and can't get it to work so I'm not going to deal with it. Will be on the marketplace on rctech tomorrow
I've wasted half a gallon of fuel trying to get it tuned and it never has been. I can take my picco .26 out and not even touch the needles for the whole tank

well did ya try goin back to factory settings again ? sounds like ya got it too lean and need to start over with ur tuning.... maybe a new plug if ya aint done that yet too

Put a new plug in and set back to factory. Did both those thingsThe factory settings are WAY off. Stock the lsn is WAY too lean. Ridiculous.
Why have factory settings that aren't the correct way to run it?

Put a new plug in and set back to factory. Did both those thingsThe factory settings are WAY off. Stock the lsn is WAY too lean. Ridiculous.
Why have factory settings that aren't the correct way to run it?

the lsn is only for right off idle then the hi needle takes over, sounds like you need to lean the lsn maybe a 1/8 turn and run it again. on my .28 I hardly ever touch either needle to be totally honest i think you are overtuning yourself into a problem with that new engine.....

I don't understand how you think the lsn is too lean from the factory, on all the nitro engines I have most all start out at 3 out or flush with the body and I may lean it a small amount for throttle response....on the high end most all start out 3 maybe 3 1/2 turns out from bottom and usually end up somewhere between 3 and maybe 2 1/2 , but I still think you are tryin to out think the engineers who designed the engine. I would recommend goin back to what the manual calls for and tune slightly in small increments till it runs right..... use your hearing and senses a lil more and it makes it easier to get it right, make sure not to overheat and keep it slightly rich on the high side to keep plenty of fuel for cooling and lube.....

Tried all that. Spent much time trying. Not happening. And it is too lean from the factory. its so lean it just lean bogs on low end until I richen it up

Tried all that. Spent much time trying. Not happening. And it is too lean from the factory. its so lean it just lean bogs on low end until I richen it up

I would like to be able to hear what it is doing, could be a tad lean but a small adjustment should be all it really needs.... how far out is the lsn again ? and how far are ya richening it ?

I would like to be able to hear what it is doing, could be a tad lean but a small adjustment should be all it really needs.... how far out is the lsn again ? and how far are ya richening it ?

It doesn't make any difference. I've tried it in all different positions, all different amounts of adjustment, everything. It just won't work.

Did you seal the engine? Take it apart and verify that there are no internal issues? Verify that there are no leaks in your fuel line/ tank? Only tuning when the engine is fully up to temp? If you did all of these things, then it is user error. The LRP is an easy engine to tune, and is very similar to most other.

I agree with Jam, likely you are being too picky with the tune and over-thinking it. But if giving up on a fantastic engine is what you want, all the power to ya.

Sorry to :eyes: ya givin up on a great engine up.... I have to agree with X and add that maybe ya need to slow down and learn a lil more about tuning engines.... I said it earlier and I just think you are overtuning yourself into a corner....

To be totally honest this is the only engine I've ever had that I couldn't tune. Its so aggravating.
You guys want to buy it?

Its yours for $125 shipped comes with original box, manual, most of the stickers

I already have one, been running great for years. Besides I have enough engines sitting on the shelf already. I only have one nitro vehicle......lol

Ya had the same problem with my LRP as well couldn't get it tuned so save my life no matter how rich I made the needles it always ran way to hot talking over 300 hot then would all of a sudden would be way way to rich sold it mentioned all the issues but still got a little over a hundred bucks for it. Got a picco much easier to tune.

I have am old picco .26 with purple cooling head. It sat for 5 years and was siezed up and everrything.
That thing started right up afetr buying it used.....never have to even touch the needles. It runs great

I don't know i did everything you said, adjusting in 1/8 turn every time, still would not work.
It'll run fine for a few seconds and then start leanin bogging on bottom end. Then after that it will start running rich.
I don't understand it and can't get it to work so I'm not going to deal with it. Will be on the marketplace on rctech tomorrow
I've wasted half a gallon of fuel trying to get it tuned and it never has been. I can take my picco .26 out and not even touch the needles for the whole tank
did you get this sorted out?

I'm looking for a lrp 32 cooling head anyone no were to get one

Latest posts

Members online

Back