Second thoughts?!?!? The cost of Electricity is on the rise.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon

NO WAY!!!

ive been having a problem lately of not being able to get the camber right in the rear and have tried everything from changing hinge pins to new axles, bonz, etc... well i took a close look at the diff outdrives and noticed them wobbling like they were bent, well took the diff out and found that it was "lock" and i couldn't turn the outdrives... opened it up to find this

DSC02087.jpg

DSC02088.jpg

DSC02093.jpg

well after this i started to think? "man ive been breaking a TON of parts and spending a load of cash on replacement parts.. not even upgrades just parts to keep the dang truck running, so i did a tally of the damage.
pretty sad this pic only shows about 1/4th the broken parts lol
DSC02091.jpg

$12 2 cracked flux axles
$15 4 broken bonz 3 of them are broken pins, 1 is bent
$20 1 chewed up spur gear
$15 3 totally striped novak pinions
$50 2 cen ring gears
$45 3 cen pinions
$2 1 front knuckle
$10 2 bulkheads
$50-100 5-6 striped wheels (ruins the whole set!)
$100 1 destroyed airtronics servo (i paid half the price but if i had to buy a new one thats the cost)
$10 1 set of destroyed stock hpi diff internals
Total--- $329-379 of BROKEN PARTS!!!!

in the end tho its worth it, the smile the truck puts on my face is priceless :D

This replacement parts list is a surprise?, I would think it's a given with BL and LiPo's.

strange. i don't see that in my electric its cost me $30 in parts in a year. all of that from driving mistakes arms and a bulk. its all in driving style and how you learned to drive.

they upgraded the pinion and drive gear

so, now the internal spiders blow out?

dare I say, too much power?

is that a cen diff or a "bullet-proof" diff that blew out the internal bevel gear?

the recent diff damage is on 4s

2 cracked flux axles (6s)
4 broken bonz 3 of them are broken pins, 1 is bent (6s)
1 chewed up spur gear ( combo of 4s-6s)
3 totally striped novak pinions (2 on 6s 1 on 4s)
2 cen ring gears (6s)
3 cen pinions (6s)
1 front knuckle (6s)
2 bulkheads (6s)
5-6 striped wheels (combo of both 6s and 4s)
1 airtronics servo (6s)
1 set hpi diff internals (surprisingly 4s)

ok so a lot more damage on 6s as suspected.

can it possibly be your mesh thats eating all them pinions? thats a lot of pinions.

the more I see your BL unfold BA the less I want to rush into one.

i have to be on god speed with this one. its on how you drive if you just gun it then yea expect parts to fly and stuff. my 18t wasnt design for brush less but after two major mods its the most effect thing ever. My buddy has has no issues with his brushless losi t . i think it all comes down user error with the pinions just blowing

Last edited by a moderator:
This replacement parts list is a surprise?, I would think it's a given with BL and LiPo's.

naw, it would be fine if you exercise a lil bit of throttle control & respect 48,000 instant rpms.

as with a nitro truck, damage here is about 99% user-error.

just throw that light switch & Yeeee-haawwww!!! instant backflips.

this makes me think twice on getting a flux....

I have a theory here. When people started to figure out the parts that needed to be stronger while running their nitro engines things broke less, manufacturers became unhappy. Now with brushless being relatively new and the power is that much greater than the parts can handle, things are breaking again and manufacturers are happy. I think they design things to break. It keeps the economy going around. When people figure out brushless they will design something new.

iv lost .....
1 axle,
2 diff cups
4 bearings
2 tires
1 shock tower
2 shock caps
2 a-arms
2 hinge pins
1 servo (mounting points, it can be fixed)

and i love every second of it. she is a killer truck, i just need to go explore some rock pits or something to spice up my driving.

I have a theory here. When people started to figure out the parts that needed to be stronger while running their nitro engines things broke less, manufacturers became unhappy. Now with brushless being relatively new and the power is that much greater than the parts can handle, things are breaking again and manufacturers are happy. I think they design things to break. It keeps the economy going around. When people figure out brushless they will design something new.
actually i sort of have to agree to this statement to a point and that point being is the we (the consumer)expect a huge amount of power whether it be from a nitro or some form of electric platform, do to power sells on either stage of the hobby game and so the companies rock out hard to keep us happy in such a way that they become over whelmed with new prouducts and in doing so they seem to but on the back burner the parts that need to (A) be revised (B) if its and upgrade part make it standard and revise the upgrade to still make it appealing to the consumer. but this also applies to the companies that soley make after market parts which are just that a stand alone company (in theory) almost work together in order to keep both groups happy (consumers-companies) but one part of the above statement i do agree whole hardedly is the fact the replacement parts will become stronger in time as all the different types of rc toys have in some way,shape, or form. but this is my personal take on this so please do not be offended.

eric....

Latest posts

Members online

Back