Sealing my motory and have a few questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SavageSSBEAST

While i was sealing this part i notice that there is a hole (the tall one) do that hole have to match up with the part that the fuel line connects to?
sc034.jpg

Also when i went to go seal the carb the screw that you have to out remove stripped :dmt:. What do you guy's think i should do to get it out? maybe heat up the block with a hair drier and try to remove it (still has some grip not much)

As far as the hole in the HSN, it doesn't have to line up. See how the needle necks down before that hole? It lets the fuel flow all the way around inside the fitting.

As far as the stripped screw...It sure won't hurt to heat up the block, if nothing else you could (CAREFULLY) drill the head of the screw out and push the pin out.

OR, if your skilled with a dremel, you could cut a slot into the bolt head and back it out with a flat head screwdriver. bit you gotta watch what your cuttin.

i could try a dremel maybe if i spray some wd-40 in the back half of the screw it will come out easier.

Also how tight should my clutch bell be? Should it spin freely and move back and forth a little bit or hard and still spin a little freely with no back and forth?

It should have very little end play. If it does not move re-shim it. I forget the correct amount but it can be felt by hand.

I just replaced my CB bearings. The bell should spin freely, but there should be no play in it.

Clutch bell is fixed spins freely with very very little play. While i did that i also notice my spur gear is a little bit wobbly (metal but its not bent)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back