SD's Flux project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwampDawg

Basically putting together a flux from parts from an old s25 i had kicking about.

rebuilt the diffs, shimmed and fresh hypoyc gearoil,
ordered 44t idler gear, Flux TVPs, radiobox, motormount, esc mount, tires and wheels.

in the next few weeks i should in the very least have a rolling flux chassis.
snc00067j.jpg

Mods/Admin: If you cvould remove post#2 please...someone fixed the link to the first post for me so thanks.

as for the Flux, I'm uber stoked for this badboY!! :D
from what ive seen in vids.....WoW, StinkY FasT!! :10:

thanks and yes it is! :D

just as a guideline to what this all breaks down to in the end:

- Spares/2nd Savage
Front-end/Rear-end complete with diffs, shocks, bulkheads, arms, etc as shown in the first pic along with the transmission about to be modified.

$35.00 (used) shipped
- Flux TVP chassis, radiobox, esc mount, motor mount

$25.00 (used) shipped
G2 tires with wheels

$10.00 (new) shipped
44T gearset to convert transmission to a singlespeed.

Once this is all recieved and in my posession this will give me a rolling flux chassis. Then from there is finding the ESX/Brushless motor, Servo and batteries only as i already have the Rx/Tx.

For now the rear center driveshaft is CVD and the rest are bones from an S25 model.

Diffs are basically from an S25 except they are built using 4-spyder gears, ofna crosspins and shimmed using HypoyC gearoil.

for now concentrating on getting this old S25 back up and as a roller is PR.

Any suggestions are welcome as ive never owned a Flux Savage before.

My suggestion to you is get a wheelie bar. I thought when i converted mine that I wouldnt need one.. I was wrong..

i will definetly keep that in mind, thanks!
apparently the TVPs, radiobox, esc mount and motor mount were sent yesterday?? Hoping to see all that in a week or less *crosses fingers* :40gulp:

Another suggestion would be when you do buy your motor and esc buy them from an authorized dealer. My esc burnt up within 10 minutes of my first run, and because they were an authorized hpi dealer they sent me a new one no questions asked.

Thats the last thing I wanted was to pay another 200 dollars for something that wasnt my fault.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back