SD's Buku Review.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
great review buddy!! it was explained very well and easy to follow and understand its made me want one even more but i guess I'm a bit hesitent because of having to tune it but now that i've read your review it doesnt sound like its all that hard to tune!!! again great job!!!!!!

I plan on getting one of these very soon.
Thanks for the great review. It only strengthened my choice.

Great review, Sean. Well written and clear, I have one of those on my wish list now! :resp:

I don't have time to read the whole thing right now but from what I did read I liked it. It is very well organized and looks awesome. I'll be sure to read the whole review later. Great work.

Thanks guys! I tried hard, I still gotta fix the thumbnails, but other than that I think its pretty well written up.

I just fixed the thumbnails, and added the video of the Traxxas motor on the dyno to the video. Anyone see something I should change?

Excellent job SD, I wrote down most of the advice for tuning Big Blocks. I have the Axial .32 not broken in yet but this weekend is the one. The temps here in Canada has gotten better now. I bought the BUKU and the mill two months ago and it driving me:drunk: just sitting there. I'm sure you review will help me get the best out of my mill. Cheers!!:cheers:

I'm glad I could help you piper! The axial .32 and buku should be a real powerful combo. Let me know how it goes :cheers:

Nice review!!! I put the pipe on and stock settings(PIPE) My K4.6HO fell on its face!!! I have allot to do but out the box gave me nothing but a slower truck.. I'm going to try the rings add first then take them out. No point in tuning the pipe with no top end to start with..

So the F ran good with it out the box. What pipe were you comparing it to? Only because out the box with the K.HO It has nothing on the polished HPI pipe.

I have tons of tuning to do I know it will get better!

Last edited by a moderator:
You should email Dave and ask him what he thinks would work best .. I know for my Lrp NO RINGS and Heavy spring and large cone .. works great

I tryed them all today meaning all 6 combos. Left me scratching my head to red cone 1 spacer or none. Then it started to rain...

I was having trouble with no rings, problem with low speed mixture.
Ran fine with soft spring, large cone and one ring.
Now I've gone back to the small cone, soft spring and going to try 2 rings.

Nice review!!! I put the pipe on and stock settings(PIPE) My K4.6HO fell on its face!!! I have allot to do but out the box gave me nothing but a slower truck.. I'm going to try the rings add first then take them out. No point in tuning the pipe with no top end to start with..

So the F ran good with it out the box. What pipe were you comparing it to? Only because out the box with the K.HO It has nothing on the polished HPI pipe.

I have tons of tuning to do I know it will get better!

Yes, its not supposed to make it faster at stock settings, not at all. If you read the directions you woulda seen that! You set the motor to stock, then you tune from there. Once you have tuned, you will notice the difference. Tons of guys run this on their K4.6's and Axials and they have seen great improvements.

Yes, its not supposed to make it faster at stock settings, not at all. If you read the directions you woulda seen that! <--- quick to flame I see..... You set the motor to stock, then you tune from there. Once you have tuned, you will notice the difference. Tons of guys run this on their K4.6's and Axials and they have seen great improvements.

Your base line tune (hsn) is almost as fast as you can ever go... Then you pull the plug and tune the spring to get that speed back. I read the book well ty..about 7 times b4 I even put it in. Ive had the book for weeks. I was waiting to get a gal + thur this new moter first. (Never assume your talking to a noob) With stock spring/cone it fell on its face. Red cone one spacer is close to the K4.6HO's top speed (BASE LINE). Full tune its still not as fast! It is a lil better thru the full band but its still not as fast on top. I lost about 3-5MPH off the top of my truck... All possible set ups tested... 3/4 gallon burned lol
That's why I asked what HPI 4.6 you tested it on and what pipe are you comparing too. On other web sites I'm getting not to use it on this motor as its not worth it (HO) I never comented on what it did to low and mid. Just top end... And the polished pipe put it on its lid in 2nd gear anyways lol... I like it, its just not better on top!

I wasn't flaming you. You would be the first person who has ever lost performance from their motor. I think your problem is the K4.6HO is a good powerhouse. Try switching to a stiffer spring and let me know how that works. I gained a ton of top end off my motor when I put it on (I went from a robitronic mantis pipe similar to the polished to the buku). The only way what your saying is actually happening is because your spring doesnt sound like it has enough tension to push the cone back.

PS: I wasnt assuming you were a noob. I had company over and they all wanted to play Scene it on my xbox so I hurried! lol.

You should email Dave and ask him what he thinks would work best .. I know for my Lrp NO RINGS and Heavy spring and large cone .. works great

I will Quote myself .. Email DAVE !!!!

LMAO, I already talked to Dave (PHONE) He said forget the book LOL...
He said the tuning plug adds to many variables. Thats why he says to richen the needles B4 pulling the plug in the book ... take it out, take out the spring put the small cone by its self and base tune it like this. He said that would give me the same pipe as a JP 1. Then put the spring back in tune the spring and my needles to suit.. He told me it should not be slower. Honestly this pipe is too much maintenance for what it does... IMO its not worth 109.00. But 75 all day... But its running fine at this point.

Has anyone noticed it makes the mid tank lean worse? Thats my issue now.I'm doing a mid tank anyways.. But was just wondering.

P.S I already knew.... but for the thread, Dave is a awesome guy to deal with!!! He loves his product and to talk. We shot the poop for a good half hour. It made a real boring ride home go by in a flash. But I don't remember leaving Boston MA all the way to Leominster. Thats a good clip I must have drove in auto pilot... I got back to my shop backed in the truck and said wow how did I get here...lol

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back