Screw upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nihal

Hi i would like to upgrade the screws on my savage 4.6 to high strength ones. Can suggest?
Currently mine is all stock. Thanks

Hi i would like to upgrade the screws on my savage 4.6 to high strength ones. Can suggest?
Currently mine is all stock. Thanks
I'm in the process of doing just that, perfect timing. I researched all available screw kits. The stainless ones look nice but they are to hard and have a tendency to snap off and be a real pain to extract & you can't just drill them out. I also can't stand Phillips head screws on a rc. So, having said all that I went with Tony's Screws they come well packaged & individualy labled. Not sure on the durability yet but they look like quality screws, washers, & nuts. Amain carries Tony's Screws & you can also order them off Tony's website. Below is a pic of the packaging.
IMG_0278.JPG

I'm in the process of doing just that, perfect timing. I researched all available screw kits. The stainless ones look nice but they are to hard and have a tendency to snap off and be a real pain to extract & you can't just drill them out. I also can't stand Phillips head screws on a rc. So, having said all that I went with Tony's Screws they come well packaged & individualy labled. Not sure on the durability yet but they look like quality screws, washers, & nuts. Amain carries Tony's Screws & you can also order them off Tony's website. Below is a pic of the packaging.
View attachment 3683
Thanks man
Will look into that.

I've used rcscrewz stainless Allen head hardware on my helicopters and surace models for years without issue. Stainless will bend before snapping and any sharp drill will remove them in the event they do. I'm not a fan of crosspoint or "Phillips" head screws either. ymmv

I first started changing philips head screws to allen head type but in the end I am using torx head stainless steel wherever I can. Much more torque can be applied and torx does not wear from tightening /untightening when doing maintenance.

I first started changing philips head screws to allen head type but in the end I am using torx head stainless steel wherever I can. Much more torque can be applied and torx does not wear from tightening /untightening when doing maintenance.
I like the sound of torx! I'd have to convert all my rig's to that to save on carrying a bunch of tools. Might get pricey!

Latest posts

Members online

Back