Screw set for Savage X 4.6

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tonys are good screws from what I hear, not so sure about RC Screws I have heard they are soft materials and do break.. as for Mc Master Carr I use lots of their black oxide screws and am very satisfied with their quality, they do not sell sets but in your manual there is a list of sizes, and prices are reasonable.....

correct me if I'm wrong but i heard bad reviews on stainless steel screws.
That's because compared to other screws, stainless steal screws are soft and can break easier than stock screws in high stress areas.

That said you can pick up some really nice ultra corrosion resistant steel screws from mcmaster.com that are much stronger and costs a bit more than most "screw kits" cost but you'll get enough screws to do a couple of Savages.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#screws/=11qlaux

Follow that link and just buy what the quantity in your manual has and you will not be sorry, they have every type screw used in most all RC applications and as i said above the black oxide are some of the best on the market, they have Metric, Sae, and most everything, yes they do cost a bit more, but as the old saying goes BUY THE BEST AND CRY ONLY ONCE !!!

Thanks guys appreciate your advise

Stainless steel.. is weaker than steel.. Stainless Steel has alot more nickle.. Softer metal in the formula. Only Benifit from stainless is.. on metal exposed to the weather.. like nuts and bolts on a pick up truck body with after market add ons.. Our hobby needs steel screws.. And if you use locktite.. always run a "die" over the screw.. don't just add more locktite on it.. The locktite builds crystals that dry and lock the screw in place. When removing those chrystals can dammage both parts.. so run a die on the screw.. and a blind tap.. Flat ended tap in the hole.. when the screw is going into metal parts to clean out the little Chrystal or you`ll be adding and adding to the Chrystal build up.. hence eventually stripping it all out.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back