Screw Kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thunderhawk6630

Both savages I have bought have been used, there have been a few screws missing and I have to pay four bucks for four little screws. So I looked on eBay and found some screw grab bags and wanted to know if anyone has purchased one.

Here are a few pics from various auctions.

screw1.JPG

screw2.JPG

screw3.jpg

Thanks, Hawk.

Natedog also makes a great screw kit and he will custom make it for your Savage depending on the parts you have installed. Hes a great guy to deal with also.

Hows does one contact this Natedog?

I don't really have any custom parts that need special screws. I am more looking for just the stock ones.

Thanks

I've always used the stock grab bags from ebay, you can get 3 sets for the price of one of those stainless units, and they'll stick to your magnatized screwdriver. Just my .02.
I've also gone to my local screw wholesaler, ie fastenal, and got 100 screws for 3.50 instead of lhs prices. Down side is they don't have all the screws to fit a savage.

:loveford:

Stay away from the stainless steel kits Thunderhawk. I bought the RC Screws kits for the savage and while they look good, they are very weak. The second pic looks like a good grab.

He might be a member here I'm not sure, but he is over at Savage Central and Basher Haven for sure.

I agree with parker on the SS screws. If they were titanium that would be nice. But SS bends too easy.

Guys,

I got a stainless steel screw kit from Ebay it's worst thing I have ever bought for my car. The metal is far too soft and when the heads get damaged man are they hard to get out! Natedog has a thread over on Basher Haven forum, I am planning to replace the stainless kit with one of his 125ksi screw kits.

Gav

Last edited by a moderator:
I can say Mcmaster Carr screws are very high quality. They also have a huge assortment of metal shims for diffs and drive axle shimming.

Hey thanks, I'll stay away from the stainless. If you get a moment would you guys link to where to get the screws. I am still a noob trying to learn all the names of dealers and part makers like IRC and Mcmaster Carr.

What is the screw size for the savy. I use aluminum parts so all of my screws will be fine thread. Are they all 4-40?

I guess I have gotten lucky because all of the screws I have needed so far I have been able to find at my local hardware store. If I am not sure of the thread pattern, I can check it right there with one of the other screws from the truck. And the prices are way better.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back