savvy no go

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShakerCo

Ok So today I took my X 4.1 and puled the picco out, swapped in a set of Mugen seki alum clutches. All goes well, put on a new 16t clutch bell and a new spur gear. So far so good, take it outside and fire it up. Runs around for about 5 min, went through a ditch, then ........ Rear end locks up. So I shut it down and check it out. the brake disk slid over the hex colar, fixed that. Still no rear drive, my question (took awhile I know) is do you alll think I killed the rear diff?

Check both. Before you tear it down, an easy way to check the grub screws is to sit the truck on a stand or with the wheels off the ground. Spin the SG (spur gear) by hand so that the front wheels start spinning. While spinning the SG, look under the truck at the rear center dogone and see if it's spinning. If the dogbone is spining where it's inside the brake hub and the brake hub is spinning, that one is fine. Then look and see if the drive cup that goes into the diff is spinning. It might be hard to tell if the drive cup is spinning the pinion gear but you might be able to see it. If you can't see it, pop the rear skid plate and see if it's spinning then. It might help save you some time from tearing everything down. Hope this helps.

+1 to that post but some times with no load on the tires it will still all spin. If this is the case put the front up and let the rears touch down as you check.

if your grub screws are both in, chances are you sheared off the teeth to the pinion gear in your diff. to check this, hold the front tires on the ground and try to spin both rear tires in the same direction. if they spin, then pop open the diff and give 'er a good once over.

Update, it is missing grub screw from the center diff outdrive. Great, bad news only lhs in this podunk town is closed on sun AND he don't carry sav parts.

Glad you got it figured out, and too bad about the LHS not having your parts. You might be able to find one that's for another model RC and get it to work.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back