Savvy 25, Better pipe for more power?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SavageSteeda

hbsg6151.jpg

Hey all- This is the pipe that came with my S. 25.

This is my first nitro truck, and all tuned in nice it runs well, but i do not see alot of people running the hot bodies pipe I have pictured.... if you are getting the Red X it is the HOT ROD pipe that has the seperate little header

Is there a better pipe or is a pipe not going to make a HUGE difference on a 25?

I Sealed the backplate, it's tuned awesome, runs really good, but you know, We always want MORE POWER----

Jeff

The buku is one the best pipes out there but is a little pricey.If you don't mind spending 100 bucks on the pipe,i would go for it.

There are also many other great pipes by tsais, THS, Jammin (OFNA) if you have an extended chassis, HPI Polished pipe which are all minimum maintanance pipes the Buku is a great pipe but needs to be tuned which doesnt seem hard but you do have to do it but that pipe is very much recomended. It is nice because if your racing you can tune to the track very easily.

I have the BUKU and love it, it definitely gives the biggest power gains out of any aftermarket exhaust I have owned on any engine on any car. The downside is you do need to clean the componets and keep it tuned, but it is VERY simple to do. Another thing is the price, most people don't like to drop $109 on an exhaust.

I put a CVEC on the truck, i got it with my ebay auction.... it killed all low end and mid-range power, but the truck is a screamer..... But, it needs low end and midrange to get it movin, so I took it back off and run the HotBodies pipe still......

Even if i moved the cone of the cvec, it still didnt come on like the Hot bodies.....

CVEC and Buku aren't even comparable, buku is way better and it gives every point in the power band great power.

if you want more power look at the jp pipes Jammin pipes or ths racing or if you can find it the fantom pipe works really good.

I ran a fantom for about a year and really didn't see much of a increase in power, maybe a little over all. It was a very very durable pipe thought and I really liked the sound it made, it was also not to loud. I do have to say this though I changed motors at the time of adding this pipe so maybe the motor wasn't as strong as the one before it.

2ndgearin3speedproblem009.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah seems everyone likes to lean toward the Buku now, you will pay around $109 for the Buku, $80-90 for the JP-4 and around $70 for the JP-3 . I guess its the old saying "You get what you pay for".

I really like the look of the JP-4 Hard Anodized Pipe, and it covers all 3 ranges (Bottom,Mid,Top) and doesnt need any tuning. THe JP-3 only covers Bottom and Top.

The Buku however also covers all 3 ranges, but needs minor tuning and more routine maintenance and cost 30 dollars more than the JP-4. And this is what sold me on the Buku, this is Lifter37 from our forums savage with Buku.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WHhXReyWf8

:jamout:

Wow- I just watched the BUKU video of that 4.6 --- Friggin nuts.

So, will my little .25 respond the same way? I'm torn, 110.00 for a pipe or 150.00 for an Axial or XTM 457 Motor...

See why I'm Torn?

If you bought an Axial .28RR, you would see way more of a difference than the buku would give you with the .25. The .25 just isnt powerful enough to really be able to let that exhaust sing. Get a axial, and save up again for a buku. NOW we are talking :)

Members online

No members online now.
Back