Savageo28 - side strengtheners?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sleeper341

King of England
On a picture of one of Savageo28's trucks there is a purple bar running along the length of the bottom of the TVP. what is it, what does it do (adds strength i guess and stops twisting the TVP's) and where do i get some?

Why pay $20 when I can just grab some metal at the lhs for like a dollar for 5ft and make my own be much easier and faster.

Hey i'm not saying buy anything...i don't care what you do with your truck..you want to make everything you can..by all means go right ahead.....my self..i see something i think will make either one of my trucks tougher ..i will get it and use it.This is the reason of these forums isn't it?..to show others what you have done to your truck?..to help others with stuff you experinced?.......i spend hundreds of dollars on e-bay every week...just buying stuff for these trucks...motors anything..jesus..i have 9 motors..some with only a gallon in them..just because something new came out and i wanted to try it.So please don't think i'm saying get this ..it's a must..I wanted it..so i got it...i did spend the $20.

Thanks Savageo28, answered my question. I'll be buying some of those. My opinion is why make something a bit like it when i can just buy it ready to go :D

well with the shipping cost..... waiting...price.. and my lhs is like 5 mins downn the road

I agree with savageo28. Sometimes for some people its easier to buy a part allready made. I make a lot of my own parts and sometimes its just easier and faster to buy it. But thats what makes this hobby fun. Some have seen my truck and asked what type is that? I like to explain what everything is and why I made it that way. But some people don't have a clue on how to fix their cars and trucks when they brake something and take it to others to fix it. I started the hobby when everything was a kit. You either learned about your car or it didn't run. RTR kits made it good for some people and most of the beginners out there can't make their own parts and this type of person likes to buy parts ready to bolt on.

Sometimes it's nice to buy some parts just so you can get a better look at how its made, You may be able to improve on the design for your own truck

if I make my own parts I want them to look as if they were bought new.
If I can`t make it like a new one I`ll just find it and buy it.
constant building and modifying is one of the most important things (except for running it) for me about this hobby.
In my opinion the best way to get into a hobby like this is to buy a kit and build it yourself, then you`ll know a lot more about finding & fixing problems.

I agree I bought my savvy ar RTR since it was my first nitro and when my servo went it was a pain to get back in and the servo arm!!

It is always fun to make repairs on rc's always seems to me that the part comes out alot easier then it goes back in.

fz1 said:
I agree with savageo28. Sometimes for some people its easier to buy a part allready made. I make a lot of my own parts and sometimes its just easier and faster to buy it. But thats what makes this hobby fun. Some have seen my truck and asked what type is that? I like to explain what everything is and why I made it that way. But some people don't have a clue on how to fix their cars and trucks when they brake something and take it to others to fix it. I started the hobby when everything was a kit. You either learned about your car or it didn't run. RTR kits made it good for some people and most of the beginners out there can't make their own parts and this type of person likes to buy parts ready to bolt on.

Don't get me wrong, i built my savvy and all my other R/C vehicles. I have 2 boats that i designed and built myself so it's not a problem making things myself, but some things i will just buy because i can, instead of spending a few hours trying to make them perfect i can just fit them and go play again! :)

Hey i agree but if ur a 13 year old and the grass cutting is a fizzleing away ( i have only cut 1 yard in 2 months!) then i have to make due with what I have here at the house.

point taken Savage25! I forget what it was like to be young lol! mind you things don't change - I'm still broke but i work all week just to pay the bills!

I mean i understand why you have to make do with what you have at home and the fact that sometimes its easier to make your own mods if you don't have the money to buy them. (and that it can be enjoyable to make your own too)

I'm 30, when i was 13 all the money i had came from doing odd jobs like cutting grass - there was no way i could have even run a stock Savage let alone hop it up! I had a tamiya electric car (still have it) which was expensive at the time but i couldn't afford to modify it until i'd done some more jobs about the place! Now all the money i earn working 60 hours a week, pays a mortgage, bils, food, clothes, stuff the kids need - my Savvy is last on the list of necessities according to my wife (thank god for online shopping and shipping to the office!!!! :D )

same here...when i was 13 i never would of had a savage,nitro or anything....LOL...the remote cars had a wire going to them from the remote...you had to back up to turn........and if the batteries died...well you didn't have a run away...but you did get a pull toy...LOL...now i'm older and can't believe how much money this hobby sucks out of me.

I had two nikko`s when I was a kid, no matter how badly I wanted a tamiya, I wasn`t allowed to buy it, not even when I saved money for it my own.
I had to wait until I was 18 and had to find a daytime job before I was allowed to buy my first rc-car.
my parents think an rc hobby is an absolute waste of money and they always said that I had to go find a decent daytime job if I want things like that.

well my mad about had a stroke when she found ot I had just spent about 650 in one day... i'm sure yall all know that special 'exspression' on their face.... lol

i smashed my savage and at close inspection the tvp is bent in the middle , how easy is it to bend back and bein alum do u think every thing will line up , thing is i don't want to buy a new tvp unless i have to

HEY I MADE MY OWN look at my profile u might be able to c them there kinda a small pic tho took some alum.. we had laying around the shop and made the right bends in them instant braces looks good to

Latest posts

Members online

Back