Savage XXL Brushless Build-Up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is my next project.
Hopefully i get it done in time for the Pumkin Smash at the dungen.
I'm making it Brushless on 6s LiPo

I'm starting with this

ae3a379dcb1aeec34a358d0ef4cba024.jpg

Also known as the steel cage match truck. From the world finals
2009021801_005.jpg

What do yall think.

Last edited by a moderator:
How are you planing of doing this? What system? And what are you acctually starting with a pic of what your starting with would be good, like are you planning on keeping those tvp's a mid plate or stick with the box.

Sorry for the questions its just this looks instering.

How are you planing of doing this? What system? And what are you acctually starting with a pic of what your starting with would be good, like are you planning on keeping those tvp's a mid plate or stick with the box.

Sorry for the questions its just this looks instering.

I am going to build it with the same tvp's.
Me and my dad are going to try and put the batterys inside the truck.
I'm going with a Catle mamba max Esc and have not decided on my brushless motor yet.
I think thats what we are going to start off of.

Here is a pic of what i have now.
1004091850.jpg

Haha I bet I am debating weather or not to extend my savage with some custom TVP's now looking at your truck I think I am gonna do it.

How are you planning on mountings your motor?

yea that sounds like your dad. lol he likes to make things. it would be cool if you could incorperate the diamond plate for a motor mount like the chassis. what motor are you using?

yea we will but we wont be pullin anything. mabey my dad will get his mess straight and give you a run for your money in the brushless class. i still have to talk to henry cross about that small block motor mount for my new x

What mill are you gonna be using in your truck I'm going to be using the OS 18 CV-R or the OS 18 CV-RX

i haven't had very good luck with them motors. my t maxx and revo both blew up the same way. the con rod broke up top near the piston and tore the block up. traxxas has supposively fixed the weak points on the motor though. they make good power. thats what we put in our t maxx puller

yea the same purple one that i have had. just a few new things, wheels, transmission hardened steel spur gear and clutch bell ect. i got the savage x that I'm turning into the small block from my dad because i traded the revo for it. and my dad got the x from Rickey Ownley

Yea we played around with it in the street and it still want to lift the front end up.
I should have some film of it at the punkin smash this weekend.

Members online

No members online now.
Back