Savage XS Flux Transmission Maintenance help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baris41

Hi Guys,

I have several questions, if you answer the following questions, i'll be really appreciated.

1. My rc doesnt move anymore. I guess the problem laying down on Idler Gear. Why do you think this might happen? (see on the youtube video).

2. You can see the current situation of the motor in the pictures. I cleaned all the old grease. Which kind of grease should i use on the reassemble? Is joint grease up to the task? (see it on the pictures)

3. What do you think about the slipper clutch? Does it look good or do i need to maintain anything? (see it on the pictures)

4. Also the plastic cover of the engine and the cylinder plastic part behind the slipper clutch were worn out, is it normal and should i replace them? (see it on the pictures)

Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_20200719_115215.jpg
    IMG_20200719_115215.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20200719_115223.jpg
    IMG_20200719_115223.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20200719_115149.jpg
    IMG_20200719_115149.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20200719_115154.jpg
    IMG_20200719_115154.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20200719_115208.jpg
    IMG_20200719_115208.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20200719_121431.jpg
    IMG_20200719_121431.jpg
    236.6 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Hi,
If the motor doesn´t move then you will have electric problems.
If the motor is running but the car does not move, it might probably be the slipper clutch pads (105805) having being worn out (or deformed if water got into them). There are two of them (green celulose like disks). From one of your pics they do not seem to be in good condition. I replaced mine by hand made leather ones and now I can bash into water without ruining the slipper pads:
The type of grease is not too relevant, just make sure you do not put too much. if grease gets into the slipper pads you will have to change them.
I changed the plastic cylinder spacer for an aluminium one but it will still work although slightly melted (that is likely to be caused by the heat generated because the slipper was slipping too much).

Hi,
If the motor doesn´t move then you will have electric problems.
If the motor is running but the car does not move, it might probably be the slipper clutch pads (105805) having being worn out (or deformed if water got into them). There are two of them (green celulose like disks). From one of your pics they do not seem to be in good condition. I replaced mine by hand made leather ones and now I can bash into water without ruining the slipper pads:
The type of grease is not too relevant, just make sure you do not put too much. if grease gets into the slipper pads you will have to change them.
I changed the plastic cylinder spacer for an aluminium one but it will still work although slightly melted (that is likely to be caused by the heat generated because the slipper was slipping too much).

Thank you to your quick reply, it will probably solve my problem, i'll also change the idler gear. My last question is that there are too many kinds of cyanoacrylate glue, should i go for the black one? Something like in the link

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...earchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

Last edited:
Thank you to your quick reply, it will probably solve my problem, i'll also change the idler gear. My last question is that there are too many kinds of cyanoacrylate glue, should i go for the black one? Something like in the link

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...earchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_
Most instant glues or superglues are cyanoacrylate types. Loctite has a big range of them. Sure you can find them at a local store or you may already have one.

Most instant glues or superglues are cyanoacrylate types. Loctite has a big range of them. Sure you can find them at a local store or you may already have one.

Thank you, btw i disassemble the clutch and pads are completely destroyed. So, do you also use leather solution? If it is, do you satisfy with the result?

Thank you, btw i disassemble the clutch and pads are completely destroyed. So, do you also use leather solution? If it is, do you satisfy with the result?
I use leather pads. I made the video when I changed them in my second Savage XS.
Recently I did the same in my Savage Flux HP. Its still early to know how it works in the big brother.

I use leather pads. I made the video when I changed them in my second Savage XS.
Recently I did the same in my Savage Flux HP. Its still early to know how it works in the big brother.

I appreciate your support. Thank you. (y)

May i use this technique to make a new Diff Case Gasket (10121) ?

Today i made leather slipper pads and try to run. Something is still wrong, in full throttle motor would not deliver the power to axles. Is it possible that the leathers made the clutch too tight and doesnt allow to slip? You can see the pads after 1st run. Please help, i really got sick of this. :/

I tried a second run with 0.7mm leather and new idler gear also worn. Now i need another one.:cautious:

Attachments

• 981449d2-b6f2-4d7f-80d0-7e6e2ba5e5c7.jpg
    981449d2-b6f2-4d7f-80d0-7e6e2ba5e5c7.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 13
  • 7d9850a3-c9dd-42c7-b9ae-6311ced2807c.jpg
    7d9850a3-c9dd-42c7-b9ae-6311ced2807c.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20200809_212303.jpg
    IMG_20200809_212303.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Hi. The slipper seems to be ok. It doesnt have to slip easyly.
In one one of the videos there was a grinding noise and the the teeth of the gear in the pic are destroyed. This never happened to me.
Check the state of the other gear that is in contact with the broken one, and also the bearings. If bearings have too much play, gears will not fit tight one to each other.
Also clean any metallic residues. If they get in between the gears these will get chewed.

Last edited:
Hi. The slipper seems to be ok. It doesnt have to slip easyly.
In one one of the videos there was a grinding noise and the the teeth of the gear in the pic are destroyed. This never happened to me.
Check the state of the other gear that is in contact with the broken one, and also the bearings. If bearings have too much play, gears will not fit tight one to each other.
Also clean any metallic residues. If they get in between the gears these will get chewed.

Thank you, you re my hero :)

Latest posts

Members online

Back