Savage XL Video from HPI

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i dunno if I'm liking it very much.... and of course any marketing video strait from the company is going to make the truck look like it handles perfect with no flaws at all

well great hobbies has them for $599 dollars but you need to "special order" them! and i agree, it may have the 5.9 engine which is a beast but the truck has huge tires,is longer and wider so I'm sure its a fair bit heavier then the other savages, so will it really be all that fast? who knows?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive been looking all over for some reviews but cant find anything, not even a first look review of this truck. ( Savage XL )

A buddy of mine is getting the NEW CEN GST 7.7.....

Honestly!

Which of the two would kick some @$$?
Which would you buy and why?

Yeah HPI has been around for a long time and so has CEN but there not as known but there getting up there. The GST is Bigger, and has a huge motor compared to the Savage SL's 5.9.....

Really need some input.
I already ordered my Savage XL at my LHS but Still gotta see what everyone else thinks.

I would suggest waiting for the savage xl. My buddy has the GST 7.7 and has had to fix the diffs and reverse mod/ gear set-up a couple times. The drive cups coming out of the front/rear diffs are almost always breaking off at the shaft going to the inside of the diff. And the last time, he snapped the cup completely in half. Also always have a problem keeping the motor runnin. And it doesn't have any air leaks at all. Just some info for you to think about.

I'll wait like the rest for the Savage23. 23cc 1/5th scaler that is!

ya ive still been looking all over for info on the two.
Cant wait til I get it thou. lol

Anyone else have any info?

Latest posts

Members online

Back