Savage XL V2 Rear Diff Video (For changing suspension tower)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul Williams

So i fitted my front metal suspention tower following a video on you tube on `front diff` all went well but now i want to do the back but seems to be more difficult so does anyone know of a video that could help me do this? Would be grateful for any help! Thanks :)

Sorry bro whats the chassis plates? It looks like a bigger job not as easy i didn't think i could do the first one but it didn't turn out to be as difficult :)

So i fitted my front metal suspention tower following a video on you tube on `front diff` all went well but now i want to do the back but seems to be more difficult so does anyone know of a video that could help me do this? Would be grateful for any help! Thanks :)
The easist way to do any work or change parts om any Savage is to move one of the TVPs (chassis sides). This way you can access all the parts that need to be removed without taking the whole truck apart. This way you can remove the rear diff complete with the tower then change the tower, then put the whole lot back in again.
+

The easist way to do any work or change parts om any Savage is to move one of the TVPs (chassis sides). This way you can access all the parts that need to be removed without taking the whole truck apart. This way you can remove the rear diff complete with the tower then change the tower, then put the whole lot back in again.
+
Cheers Gaz, i don't know how to do that tho.

Cheers Gaz, i don't know how to do that tho.
It's easy mate. just remove the wheels on one side of the truck, best to do the side with the exhaust. Then remove all the screw in the chassis that side, think there are 12 or 13 , you can then remove the left side chassis but the truck will stay together. The two screws at the rear held the rear diff/tower to the right side of the chassis( the one you just removed. Then find the same two screws in the other chassis plate and remove them. the complete diff & shock tower should now be free to be removed, the rear drive shaft will fall out at this point but you will put that back in when refitting.

Doubt if there is a video as it's such an easy job.
Mine is a flux mate remember, is it the same thing to do following your instructions? It doesn't sound so bad but would still help with a video tho :)

The only real difference is that you ain't got an exhaust to remove but will probably have to remove the battery box on that side of the chassis to again access to the screws.

Last edited:
The only real difference ia that you ain't got an exhaust to remove but will probably have to remove the battery box on that side of the chassis to again access to the screws.
That is very helpful Gaz, yes i got it and its good news that mine is the same. Thanks mate :)

The only real difference is that you ain't got an exhaust to remove but will probably have to remove the battery box on that side of the chassis to again access to the screws.
Yeah thanks, very helpful Gaz and thanks for the clear instruction`s i don't think i would of been able to do it without the vid so thanks again ! :) Sorry for the repetitive posts i didnt think they got posted!

H
Like I said Paul no problem at all. That's what the forum is for mate, Savage owners helping Savage owners.
Hey Gazzman, when you said take the wheels off did you mean the A-arms too?

No mate, just the wheels. This will allow easier access to the chassis screws at each end, plus will reduce the weight of the part you are removing making it alot easier to handle and refit.

@Paul Williams was simply wondering if you managed to get the rear alloy tower installation finished as yet dude, after all that is the original question you posed in this very thread is it not?
I haven't done it yet i don't know if i can do it. Gazzman is helping me but still worried i might just ruin the whole thing and not be able to fit it back together. I want to though.. No the reason i asked was because i fitted the A-arms and i thought you might be on about that.

Looking good my man, Not to shabby for someone who didn't think they could change the shock tower. LOL.👍👌
LOL dude, i know i cant believe i thought it was too hard! I`m running out on ideas what to do now to it next! :cool:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back