Savage xl trans. On savage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Franger99

Ok i called my lhs and thet told me that i needed to buy an upgraded 3 speed tranny for my savage that the xl tranny wont work on my savage is this true?

Ok i called my lhs and thet told me that i needed to buy an upgraded 3 speed tranny for my savage that the xl tranny wont work on my savage is this true?

the case of the savage tranny is "identical" on the Savage X, Savage XL and Flux. If you want to upgrade your X to the 3-speed tranny, then the one from the XL is actually the one you want because it comes with the hi-speed 3rd gear included where as you would have to buy this separate if you went with the "upgraded" 3-speed tranny.

** note: either of these 3 speeds would work fine, but the XL is gonna give you that hi-speed 3rd gear already included.

the case of the savage tranny is "identical" on the Savage X, Savage XL and Flux. If you want to upgrade your X to the 3-speed tranny, then the one from the XL is actually the one you want because it comes with the hi-speed 3rd gear included where as you would have to buy this separate if you went with the "upgraded" 3-speed tranny.

** note: either of these 3 speeds would work fine, but the XL is gonna give you that hi-speed 3rd gear already included.

Everything Freddy said above is true. But he did forget to mention one thing and so did you Franger. You didn't say whether your savvy was a 21/25 or X. But, either way, the XL trans is a drop in swap.

They either know what works and want to upsell him or they just don't know at all.

ALL transmission variants are a direct swap.

you can buy the 3rd gear set and add it

you can add the Rev module to any trans

you can add an alloy casr if need be

it all works the same.

only thing i don't know which i think youd have to change somehow is going from nitro to electric conversion??

instructions come with the rev module from HPI
pretty easy once you have the trans out.

prob even a DIY here on HPISF.
the rev module is self contained in its own casing and drops right into the trans case. If you use the rev module....COME TO A FULL STOP BEFORE GOING INTO REVERSE!! or kiss your module bye bye

How to use on the remote and lol I only goina. Use it when I run into a tree or fence

Members online

No members online now.
Back