savage xl tires/rims

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geronimo

ROLL TIDE
Hey just trying to figure out what tires/rims to get for my xl, my stockers are about shot and i really don't want to buy another set of stock,i've not really spent alot of time on rims/tires,so i need some help.
i've got several sets of tires/rims for my 4.6, but they all look really small , when i put them on the xl, i'm flat out lost. so any help will be really apprecated. thanks

HPI Goliaths for sure. They are pretty much the same outer diameter size, but larger inner and they are wider, so they don't balloon really at all.

i like the maximizer beadlocks on mulcher tires.

DSC00534.jpg

i like the maximizer beadlocks on mulcher tires.

DSC00534.jpg

How do those beadlocks hang with extreme bashing? I use them on my crawler, but I've heard the beadlocks don't hold up well with Savages. Tires come loose in extreme conditions. I have trouble enough keeping mine glued.

Just curious.

myself i haven't been able to run them yet (still waiting on my motor from robin) but for those who have had them said they work great with the rage rings.

myself i haven't been able to run them yet (still waiting on my motor from robin) but for those who have had them said they work great with the rage rings.

Cool. I hope they work for you because they look totally sweet!

belive me man they better work good, they are a PITA to mount the tires to, but from what people told me before i bought them is they are the best beadlock wheel out there.

belive me man they better work good, they are a PITA to mount the tires to, but from what people told me before i bought them is they are the best beadlock wheel out there.

I hear ya on the PITA. Mine were only 12 screws per tire and it killed my arm. (I now have a bit for my electric screwdriver.. duh)

vanquish-6.jpg

I hear ya on the PITA. Mine were only 12 screws per tire and it killed my arm. (I now have a bit for my electric screwdriver.. duh)

vanquish-6.jpg

yea my fingers were hurting for the next 2 days haha, but they turned out sweet so i think it was worth the blisters.

Ok, so i got bored last nite and broke down my XL tires/rims.
I had an old set of ofna dominator rims so i tired them on the XL terra pins. the fit was perfect.
100_15751.jpg

100_15731.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back