Savage XL suspension... WHICH IS BETTER ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC-Geo

Hello everyone, i recently just got back into RC cars... i used to have a bunch of awesome RC trucks, favorites being the MGT and baja 5t. When i was gone during college my mom thought it would be a good idea to GIVE THEM AWAY !!! WTF MOM... So its been a couple years since then, and felt like getting back into the hobby. I just ordered the Savage k.5.9 Xl, i have always loved the bigger trucks, i ordered a better steering servo and some other parts and tools... But was curious if the big bore shocks are better than the stock or aftermarket 8 shock set up.. i have yet to see or feel what the big bore shocks are like and felt like seeing what you guys think.
Thanks
RC-Geo

First off welcome to the great :hpisf:

There is allot of good info here and helpful people.

Unfortunately I am no help to your question, all I have had are big bores.

First off welcome to the great :hpisf:

There is allot of good info here and helpful people.

Unfortunately I am no help to your question, all I have had are big bores.

Cool how do you like ? and what are you running ??
I also had another question for this thread... do the big bores just bolt right in or is there some type of conversion kit that i need to buy?

welcome to the forum! no on can stay away from rc's for long:) to ansewer ur question, the big bores have goods and bads. they are much more springear, which allows for better performance with jumps. they don't bottom out very easily, like the race setup{ 8 shocks}, but, ive found that they don't handle quit as good as the racing setup. there's a thread in suspension that tells u how to get better handling with them, but ull lose some clearance. I would suggest getting a sway bar kit. it's well worth it. as for putting them on, the xl should come with them on already. but no, theres no special setup, they just bolt right on.

welcome to the forum! no on can stay away from rc's for long:) to ansewer ur question, the big bores have goods and bads. they are much more springear, which allows for better performance with jumps. they don't bottom out very easily, like the race setup{ 8 shocks}, but, ive found that they don't handle quit as good as the racing setup. there's a thread in suspension that tells u how to get better handling with them, but ull lose some clearance. I would suggest getting a sway bar kit. it's well worth it. as for putting them on, the xl should come with them on already. but no, theres no special setup, they just bolt right on.
Truck came with the big bores on, what if i had 4 big bores and 4 of the other shocks ?? lol

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back