Savage XL Problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Albani

Hello there,

I have two weeks since a transmission problem with my savage xl 5.9. When I turn on the transmitter and the receiver, it is impossible to turn the wheels or to vary the acceleration correctly (although I notice that there is still a reaction when I touch the steering or acceleration).
In fact, stopped, without starting the car, my savage is sudden small movements brake or wheel every two seconds. I noticed that the redundant safety flashes very quickly (8 flashes per second) and turns red every two seconds and reclignote quickly when transmitter and receiver are connected. When only the receiver is turned on, the redundant safety flashes continuously.
I then tried to put together the transmitter and the receiver, but to no avail. I also connected an LED on the receiver; Led loses power every two seconds then returns to normal.
I'm in a bind and do not know what to do; I was wondering if you ever had this problem and how you might solve it. Thank you for your help.

First off Welcome to the forum....
I am not sure what you are getting at, by your description (if I am following you) it sounds like the receiver battery is either dead or low on power causing it to go into failsafe mode...

if by chance you could give a bit more clear info we may be able to help you find the troubles a bit better....

Welcome aboard

^^^^ what he said on the battery....sounds like it either low, or possibly has a bad connection.

When you say impossible to turn the wheels I'm assuming you mean with the remote and not by hand, correct??

Thank, i don't think it's a battery broblem because i change it with an other one and i don't think also that it's a failsafe mode because the receiver capt the transmitter. it's maybe a servo problem or a security problem. i use my car on the beach, then i use it 3 minutes on grass, all was good, but when i tried after there was this problem. i think i should change some accessories with the car of my father or going to paris (i'm french) to meet the seller

yes it's hard with the remote but there is some quick movement

if you got the receiver wet it is all over for it, those systems are not waterproof..... I am thinking it needs a new receiver and stop running in wet conditions......

Any amount of water getting into your electronics could potentially damage them. If what you are saying is true, I would suggest swapping the receiver out for a known good unit.

Welcome to the forum!!

Edit, jam beat me to it.....lol

I did not put in the water, but the car through some flaues and turned around three times two ...

there is probably enough water in sand to ruin the receiver, even if it is not soaked water and electronics just do not mix well.....

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back