Savage X4.6 destroys servos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tommi_82

Hello!
Is it normal that Savage eat servos like bread?
I had driven about 4 litres of nitro, and allready need to change:
-2x standard throttle servo (sf-10w)
-standard steering servo (sf-20w)
-upgraded throttle servo (Savöx 0251MG)

I use standard radio with glitch buster and 6v hump pack, what can be wrong, or is this just normal?

All servos has destroyed same way, just suddenly, without any warning no response on commands...
Any ideas?

Last edited:
Actually yes, ive had a glitch problem, so i tried different standard receiver, but seems like that servo problem is with both receivers.

Silly question but is the hump pack getting fully charhed and how long dose the truck work fine till it acts up?

Silly question but is the hump pack getting fully charhed and how long dose the truck work fine till it acts up?
Yes, i always charge it after driving.
With full battery and 2x Savöx 0251MG servos truck works fine about 2 tanks, then it starts to qlitch (i buyed clitch buster for that but hadnt drive so much so don't know does it work)

Mine ate a futaba standard servo for throttle brake and a high torque futaba for steering after 4 to 5 gallons that to me is a lot of running they both worked until they got hot throttle brake was worst of the 2 . Just upgraded but haven't run the truck. Buy good servos they work hard mine were glitching bad when hot

I picked up new throttle servo (Savöx SG-0351) yesterday.
I only can hope that lasts longer than previous servos.
Theres still few weeks time to bash before weather goes too bad.

Hadnt do anything on servo saver, so its on factory settings. But thats not explain why also throttle servos lasts so short time.

Hadnt do anything on servo saver, so its on factory settings. But thats not explain why also throttle servos lasts so short time.

Does your radio have end point adjustments?? if so check that you are not overdriving the servo causing lots of heat buildup.....
set it so that it opens the carb fully and no more... Same thing with steering , set it so the servo stops just before full lock it will help your servos last longer...

Latest posts

Members online

Back