Savage X ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAMTech-RC

New Savage X will be announced at the Nuremberg Toy Fair.
Supposedly an all new design, still TVP based with LCG, easy access to diffs for maintenance and 3 speed. Same basher with slight race focus, bring on the revos! Pics are said to be posted up on HPIs site in the very near future.

Here are the rumored specs:

2 Channel Radio
Shorter Antenna Wire (50cm compared to 100cm). Modified Crystal placement for a more reliable centered receiver.

New Roto Start
New more durable case, with circuit breaker overload protection

New Body (GT-2)
Wider, more aggressive body, new graphics, and color

All Right Hand Thread Wheel Nuts
No more Right and Left handed Thread Wheel Nuts, making it more convenient.

All new 4.1 Engine
New crankcase design makes for more consistent temperature. Upgrade to cylinder, piston, connecting rod and crankshaft produces more power.

Easy to Access the Differentials in the Front and Rear Gear Boxes
This gear box has been designed to allow for easier maintenance with simplified access to parts. Only six screws have to be removed to access the front or rear diff without dismantling the main chassis or suspension.

Easy to Access the Radio Box
Easily removed top cover for quick maintenance. Does not use body pin. More space inside radio box, room for failsafe and a knockout for a battery Indicator and for an optional charging jack.

Easy to Access the Center Gear Box
Only six screws have to be removed to remove top of center gear box, without dismantling the chassis. It makes maintenance easier for spur gear and 2 speed/3speed gear box. It also has an extra hole for adjustment of 1-2 shift on the 3 speed.

Lower CG TVP Chassis
Engine, center gear box, radio box is 5mm lower than 25 RTR, It make lower center of gravity for better handling. New design TVP's also help protect the fuel tank.

Light weight Suspension Arm
Lightweight Suspension Arms for better performance.

Turnbuckle Tie Rod
Easy to adjust front and rear toe.

Three position Shock Tower
More shock positions for suspension tuning

Height capacity Slipper Clutch System
Extra capacity dual slipper clutch for minimum drive train damage.

Plastic Roll Bar
Roll bar flexes to absorb impact from crashes. Kits will include a plastic roll cage to protect the engine head. Roll Cage will be included but not installed.

17mm Hex wheel Hub
Large size 17mm hex wheel hub for added durability.

Tuned Pipe with Optional Cone
Double Chamber make more torque. Will be a little quieter with optional cone installed

New 17mm hex size Wheel
New design wheels with 17mm hex wheel hub size. Optional 14mm hexs included for everyone who wants to run standard Savage wheels.

New Tires
New tread pattern. Same diameter, same width and same compound from 25 RTR 4464 GT Tire. Lighter weight, more performance.

I like the radio box. If it will fit the regular savage I'll buy 2 now. You see how easy it is to get to the diffs. 5 or 6 screws and the your in the diffs. How easy is that? 17mm hexs for the wheels now, real sweet.

If anyones knows about the Radio box drop a line here. I'll be checking to see if...

]-[0p

The X rocks!!!
Great performance but a lil mishap from the factory. The spur gear is not line up right and after breaking it stripped and broke some teeth. Make sure you check before you bash...

iamtheone....his name is Hopalong...he's being cute with the fancy symbols for the H and L

but i like your version....i think well be crowning brian 'opa ong' from now on....

admins?? do u agree?

Latest posts

Members online

Back