savage x rtr tune question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cougar390

ive turn the hi needle valve clockwise maybe 2 and a half times and I'm still no were near 250 degrees i still have alot of blue smoke but i don't wont to turn it to far its malready pulling wheelies so should i leave it like this or should i keep turining until i can get up to 250 right now the hottest it got was about 135

it should be gettn hotter than 135 then. your temp gun may not be working rite.

and don't tune to temp - only use temp gun to keep from getting too hot, if it runs good colder, then run it that way.

Crash is right, either yer temp gun is skrewed on yer not gettin the temp reading in the right place.

To get the most power out of mine, I usually heat it up, lean it till it starts to

bog, then back it off till the bog is gone. This is on the hi side. On the low

side, I will do the pinch test. It should cut off at exactly 3 sec. Do the hi

side first, then do the low.

I think the manual says no more then 2 1/2 turns. Check the setting on your temp gun. It should be set for 77E.

Yeah, make sure you are reading your temperature gauge in Fahrenheit, not Centigrade! 135 C is over 270 F, so make sure you are working with the right units!

If you have it in the right units and are still reading 135, I would get a new gun/gauge. I was running my 4.6 RTR yesterday at factory settings and I was in the 210-220 range, even though it was cold outside.

to check your temp gun to see if it is accurate heat your oven to a set temp like 250-300 make sure that you let it pre-heat then open the door and check the temp with you heat gun see how far off it is. If it is you temp gun that is off atleast you will know how far off it is or have a pretty good idea.

striaght down cooling head at the glow.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back