savage X parts into savage 25

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonycajjo

so i have a savage 25. it was the one that came with the KFX700 body. sweet. anyhow i blow the pinion bevel gear all the time. i want to shim it, but cannot seem to find a shim kit online. any help with that would be appreciated. i'm prob just not searching for the right thing.

also, can i buy a savage X diff assembly and use the easy access case in my savage 25?

something like this: ebay link

I cant remember the part numbers for the shims, I just went to the lhs and got them. I am sure someone will chime in soon.

The X diff assy will fit on a 25. Everything x will fit into the 25. X, 99% of the XL parts and 25 parts are interchangeable.

I cant remember the part numbers for the shims, I just went to the lhs and got them. I am sure someone will chime in soon.

The X diff assy will fit on a 25. Everything x will fit into the 25. X, 99% of the XL parts and 25 parts are interchangeable.

Yup exactly what Allan said mostly everthing will fit. Not sure on part # eaither.

nice. thank you much. that other post is good. i'll be ordering some stuff from tower it seems. i gotta get the shimming down, that is definitely something that will help keep the gears longer! i was thinking of going CEN, but i think shimming will help greatly.

thanks for the info that the parts are interchangeable.

i just LOL at this. love it.
:pirate:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back