Savage X Hump Pack battery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gavmac

Guys,

Whats the biggest hump pack battery I can get for my Savage X, i have the reverse servo installed, also where can i get it?

Any help or feedback is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Gav

I have heard that the OFNA 1600mah is the biggest one you can get. It's the one I am using and it can last a days bashing.

I have the Ofna marathon 1600's in both savys. They are great. I don't think theres anything better that will fit unless you decide to switch it to a LiPo pack.

LiPo's are a lot different then NiMH, they require balancing sometimes too. I run a 1600mAh Venom Racing hump pack in my savage, and it lasts about a half gallon worth of fuel before it "needs" recharging. It works REALLY well. I'd stick with a NiMH, they are cheaper as well.

I was looking at the LiPo batteries but by the time I have everything I need to run them its a lot more expensive! There is also the fact I use my truck for hard bashing.

I was looking at the ONFA and Venom hump packs, can I get a splitter cable for those so I can charge it without removing?

Thanks,

Gavin

i bought my hump pack from a place called onlybatterypacks.com.. mines a 1500 mah NiMH with charger and the "lead" already on it so you can charge it with it in the truck and it was only like $35.00 never had a problem with it

i bought my hump pack from a place called onlybatterypacks.com.. mines a 1500 mah NiMH with charger and the "lead" already on it so you can charge it with it in the truck and it was only like $35.00 never had a problem with it

+2 I ordered another one from them. It's a good deal from there!

+3 & 4 ( I have 2 ) I have the 2600s and they last a long time. onlybatterypacks.com is a great place to get batteries from.

I guess I'll give it a +6, though I ordered mine earlier this week so technically I haven't used it yet. I got the 1500 mah with the charger lead and I think it came out to like $25 total.

Only Battery Packs 1500 mAh Savage receiver battery

I'll tell you this for sure - you do NOT want a Dynamite 1100 mah 4x1. That's what my LHS sold me and as the guys on here can attest I have been lamenting it for months!

I have been wanting to get DDM's 4500mah battery pack that fits for the baja and see if I could mount it somewhere on the savage. I know it won't fit it the battery box so I will have to do some thinking.....but 4500mah would last a LONG time in the savage I would think...

I have been wanting to get DDM's 4500mah battery pack that fits for the baja and see if I could mount it somewhere on the savage. I know it won't fit it the battery box so I will have to do some thinking.....but 4500mah would last a LONG time in the savage I would think...

I'm sure you've thought of this already 25 but I just thought I would point out that those batteries weight a LOT more than a standard pack. I was actually really surprised at just how much heavier they are.

I am sure they would last an eternity but it might not be worth the weight gain, certainly not on your racer.

I just ordered the pack by HPI for the Baja. It's 3000mah, I wanted more juice too. It's slightly larger than the one for the Savy. I'll let you know if it fits, and or mods I'll do to make it fit. I'll be picking it up Sat. Peace.

It is now secure to the front shock tower,works great. Peace.

Depends on the charger your using and what setting you use. I used a temp gun and when the pack got about 100 F. I took it off. Now I have a nice peak charger and I don't have to temp them.
You can also find a chart on charge rates for different mah pack on Google or Yahoo search I would think if you don't have a temp gun.

I am making battery packs here for a little side money (will have a vendor section soon), but you can fit what's called a Firebird style pack (2 x 2 x 1) AA-cell in the stock savage radio box. I can assemble the pack with any manner of plugs you want.

The AA-cells have some hefty amp ratings...you can go 2500, 2600, or 2700mAh which is the top cell I can get right now. That's a Sanyo cell too.

Yes, it will fit in the Savage radio box with only a *minor* amount of plastic trimming to the radio box lid and no structural strength is lost.

Last edited by a moderator:
i would recommend the hpi baja hump pack, it comes as 5000 which i think will last long enough to play around for a long time

The Baja pack won't fit bud, it is sub c cells I believe, way bigger. I have a pack coming from chris in a little while, when I get it I will post it with my thoughts (2700mah)

Last edited by a moderator:
I just assembled my own AA pack from 5 Energizer 2500mAh NiMH cells. I put it together as a 2+2+1 and it fits fine in the stock spot once I removed the ribs from the underside of the lid. :)

I just assembled my own AA pack from 5 Energizer 2500mAh NiMH cells. I put it together as a 2+2+1 and it fits fine in the stock spot once I removed the ribs from the underside of the lid. :)

That's called a Firebird configuration...any pictures of the work? :resp:

Latest posts

Members online

Back