Savage X Flux Diffs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JasonPerrin

About to pick up a new Savage and I’ve seen a lot of diff failures in the v2 trucks. Would it be worth trying to find original flux bevel gears? I am long time Savage fan and my flux Hp never has issues.

Thanks.

The best option is the MACHINED BULLETPROOF DIFF BEVEL GEAR 29T/9T SET, that's what I have in my two Savages

so, I sould put a old set in my new flux XL? I tried replacing the diffs when I had them open with an old set of diffs but when I put them together they wouldnt spin in the housing, . its like they changed the gearing pitch on the newer ones, so i put them back in. I didn't try changing pinion gear WITH the older diffs

What does Zerol mean?
Copied from Internet:

Zerol bevel gears are spiral bevel gears in which the spiral angle is zero at the middle of the face width. They have the combination of advantages of straight and spiral bevel gears. Their characteristics are summarized below.

• The force on the teeth of zerol bevel gears are the same as straight bevel gears, eliminating the inward thrusting force. Because of this, they can be substituted with straight bevel gears without changing the attachment conditions or bearings.
  • Since zerol bevel gears can be ground, compared to straight bevel gears, they are more accurate, quiet and have a superior anti-friction quality.
  • As with spiral bevel gears, they are used with right-hand and left-hand twist as a set.
  • Normally, spiral bevel gears can be rotated only in one direction, but due to the zero twist angle of zerol gears, they can be rotated in both directions just as with straight bevel gears.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back