savage x dual slipper question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bone

i have been into nitro for a few years and this is the first Savage X truck i have owned..i have a single slipper with a plastic gear,,i want to put a metal spur gear on but I'm not sure which one to get that uses a single slipper pad,,,or maybe i have to change it out to a dual slipper,,I'm not sure

Also welcome to the forum
thanks..i got one ordered...i have a LRP .30 engine on it..i sure hope it isnt to much for this truck because it sure throws this truck around like its nothing..i had this thing rippin around for a few tanks and the temps were reading around 215 to 220..very very good running engine

A lot of members here are running the lrp engines in there savage's with no issues.

i have been into nitro for a few years and this is the first Savage X truck i have owned..i have a single slipper with a plastic gear,,i want to put a metal spur gear on but I'm not sure which one to get that uses a single slipper pad,,,or maybe i have to change it out to a dual slipper,,I'm not sure

Get the 48/16 combo for your savage and just use the single slipper pad, when you install it all just tighten the slipper nut completely and DO NOT Back it off at all......

http://www.robinsonracing.com/catalog/savage21-25.html

Then buy this pad setup for it and see how that works, from everything I have read the ceramic pad is way tougher and can stand up to high HP setups better..... I am waiting on mine to go away and I want to try this pad to see....

https://www.rcplanet.com/HPI_Heavy_Duty_Ceramic_Slipper_Clutch_Pad_2pcs_p/hpi107454.htm

I have a 49 tooth spur at the moment...I'm gettin a 47 tooth....it has too much low end

Do yourself a favor and get the RR 48/16 spur bell combo, as the spur is hardened it will destroy a standard bells teeth in just a couple runs......
and yes do not back off the slipper nut at all it will still provide gear protection because it will still slip a bit under a very heavy load.....

Do yourself a favor and get the RR 48/16 spur bell combo, as the spur is hardened it will destroy a standard bells teeth in just a couple runs......
and yes do not back off the slipper nut at all it will still provide gear protection because it will still slip a bit under a very heavy load.....

Latest posts

Members online

Back