Savage X Cracked engine plate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FastPete

Hi,

I was cleaning and shimming my diffs,and noticed by one of the engine mount screws the purple engine plate is cracked.I think it will be ok for another weekend,but is this common? And is there a better one,or just get a stock one again?

Thanks

I would replace it if I were you. Before it strips your spur gear or bends the engine plate.
Just go to the hardware store and get 4 black allen head screws and replace those HPI ones. It will cost you about 30 cents for the screws. Make sure to use blue threadlock on the new screws when you install them.

I would replace it if I were you. Before it strips your spur gear or bends the engine plate.
Just go to the hardware store and get 4 black allen head screws and replace those HPI ones. It will cost you about 30 cents for the screws. Make sure to use blue threadlock on the new screws when you install them.

+1 on this & id recommend putting a flat washer on each screw so you can crank em down tight

ya i have to agree i would fix it before it becomes a major problem as it doesnt take alot to throw off your gear mesh....

This is very typical. The FLM is a great option along with the PRC110. Neither will crack or bend. I also recommend using a Flat washer under the engine mount screws. This will help spread the forces around the plate a bit better.

Members online

No members online now.
Back