savage x brakes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bazz1985s

can any1 recommend any brakes 4 my savage x?

i am using the dual stainless steel ones they work well until they get a bit a heat in them then their performance drops DRAMATICLY!!!!!
thanx :resp:

Those are the brakes that I'm using and I haven't had any problems with them. They might be a little too tight and the pads are rubbing up against the rotors and is causing excess heat build up. Just a thought you might want to look into. And oh yeah, welcome to the forum.

ye welcome to the form! i am also running the duel disc brakes. they are running great! i agree with xtremsavage have a look in to the brake pads!
keep us up to date
4x4

Yeah, check the two screws that hold the whole assembly together. They might be screwed in to far and that's what's causing the rubbing. When I was working on my truck I made a little change to the way they are mounted. Next time I get my truck out, I'll try to get a good pic of what i did. If I can't, I'll try to explain it the best way i can.

Those are the brakes that I'm using and I haven't had any problems with them. They might be a little too tight and the pads are rubbing up against the rotors and is causing excess heat build up. Just a thought you might want to look into. And oh yeah, welcome to the forum.
thanx 4 that tip and the welcome:]
the genesis wheels luk great
bet i really trys 2 roll now its even HIGHER

I run 2 Vertigo Performance disks on an oversized FullForce RC hub. It is an amazing setup.

thanx 4 that tip and the welcome:]
the genesis wheels luk great
bet i really trys 2 roll now its even HIGHER

It does try to roll only due to the fact that the shocks are real stiff. Working on that issue right now. Also, haven't had a chance to run it with the cen wheels. When I got them, one of the rims/tires was opposite the other three.

genesis rim's

do u ave 2 fit any hub extenders or diffrent hexes?
i have 14mm/17mm ones
o yeah i sorted my brakes u were right they were 1/2 turn 2 tight. Replaced pads but still wana upgrade them!!!!!!:blobfist:

Glad you got the brake issue worked out. I have the proline 23mm hexes because I also have the proline commando beadlocks with moab tires.

i tried tightening the brake adjuster from the truck but it still is very weak.. does any1 have any suggestions??

you mean take the whole thing out and fixing it with the servo??

alright thanks

the rods!

not the servo.
good lord.

upgrade your brakes

run a stock steel disc and a carbon disc.
use the stock hub, run with the discs back to back, no pad in between.
run 2 steel pads on the outside with the one against the carbon pad having the soft brake pad attached, don't use the stock hub, switch to a full force aluminum hub, change out the stock servo horn/linkage set up with an OFNA linkage kit.

part numbers from tower for the ofna parts-
10724, 10704, & 10731

i have pictures if needed

here ya go brotha

linkage_layout2.jpg

linkage_layout1.jpg

brake_setup_2.jpg

brake_setup_1.jpg

i really don't.

the only thing that was purchased was the carbon disc and the new hub

i made the brakes of my savage a lot stronger but it took me almost 2hrs........i had to play with the whole linkage system from the servo side to the engine connector rod side. its ok now.

how do i make second gear come later in the acceleration??? because it doesnt mention it anywhere in the manual..........

it does mention it in the manual.

i just don't know what page because my manual is at my shop

Believe It Or Not I'm Still Running The Stock Brakes On My Savage X! I Was Having Problems But Replaced The Spring On The Linkage With A Small Piece Of Fuel Tubing Just A Bit Longer Then The Spring! And Then I Realized I Need To Tighten The Caliper Screws.(ESPECIALLY THE TOP ONE FOR SOME REASON IT LOOSENS MORE!) Went To Stop And Almost Flipped Over Lol! Well After I Put The Hump Pack In It Did! So I Just Turned The Brake Adjusting Screw To Calm My Braking Down A Bit! I'VE BEEN RUNNING IT LIKE THIS FOR ABOUT 4 MTHS NOW! 4 MTHS AND ABOUT 17 TANKS OF FUEL!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

Back