savage x 4.6 engine warranty

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xclandon

Hey guys, I have an hpi savage x that has had a problem with overheating, not the normal overheating I'm talking like 400 degrees overheating! I was reviewing my engine to see what the deal was and I finally decided I would seal up the engine. I sealed the backplate then took off the carb to seal that and I noticed that the rubber part at the bottom melted and was blocking the carb from air. So I bought a new carb and decided to call hpi and have them send me another one. The guy I talked to recommended me send my engine in because after it getting it to 400" it was probably fryed! The engine starts fine it just overheats! Will they send me a new engine? If not what do I need to do to have them replace it? I would like to start from scratch and just re tune a new engine. They said if the parts are gonna cost similar to the price of a new engine they will just replace the engine itself. Should I just blow the engine up before I send it since I have the two year warranty??? What should i do?!?

Well ya know blowing up a mill is fun especially if you have a good excuse to. I would read up on HPI warranty and call that guy back, see what exactly he's going to do with it and what you will be charged if it is and if it isn't blown up.

Ya Ill call back. It does have a two year warranty but ill make sure that covers a blown engine... too bad they close at like 5p.m...

Hpi savage x engine warranty

Hey guys, I have an hpi savage x that has had a problem with overheating, not the normal overheating I'm talking like 400 degrees overheating! I was reviewing my engine to see what the deal was and I finally decided I would seal up the engine. I sealed the backplate then took off the carb to seal that and I noticed that the rubber part at the bottom melted and was blocking the carb from air. So I bought a new carb and decided to call hpi and have them send me another one. The guy I talked to recommended me send my engine in because after it getting it to 400" it was probably fryed! The engine starts fine it just overheats! Will they send me a new engine? If not what do I need to do to have them replace it? I would like to start from scratch and just re tune a new engine. They said if the parts are gonna cost similar to the price of a new engine they will just replace the engine itself. Should I just blow the engine up before I send it since I have the two year warranty??? What should i do?!? Please help!

Yes they will. Send it back to them, quick turn around. No don't blow the engine they may not send you a new one. Show respect being it's under warranty get a new one buy a temp guy and don't hit 400 degrees. Ever thought it might be the error of the customer that's a fault and not the engine itself. HUM

Well thats totally possible also hop but sometimes it is the company's fault.
Stupid question, xclandon, but is your tank completely sealed? If its got a leak then it will never run right

Just merged both threads together

HPI may be different, but most manufacturers will not cover intentionally damaging it. It's not hard to tell when someone does what your thinking about doing. Just a warning, I don't want to see you out an engine.

P.S. Pay no attention to the 16 year old telling you to destroy stuff. :lmao:

Sorry I posted it twice bcause a was wanting more responses sorry! The truck runs 250/300" even at the stock needle settings so I don't think its my fault lol I got the new carb and it runs fine now but it wont let me tune it.. which makes me think there is an air leak somewhere else making it run lean.. I haven't really bashed it yet so I hope its not the tank and that its the engine itself!

Haha ok. I did call and they said it doesnt cover a blown engine.. they did say that the engine should be fried after hitting 400" tho.. I checked out the sleve and there are some light scratches but nothing severe. But I do think there is another air leak in the engine. I even sealed the engine backplate so I would hate to see how hot it is without that seal! I'm planning on getting all the seal stuff before sending it in, would hateto not get engine repaired because of me sealing it..

Haha ok. I did call and they said it doesnt cover a blown engine.. they did say that the engine should be fried after hitting 400" tho.. I checked out the sleve and there are some light scratches but nothing severe. But I do think there is another air leak in the engine. I even sealed the engine backplate so I lwould hate to see how hot it is without that seal! I'm planning on getting all the seal stuff before sending it in, would hateto not get engine repaired because of me sealing it..

Sorry wanted to get more replies. New to this forum thing! But yea I don't think its my fault when the engine runs 250/300" even at the stock needle settings... I did get the new carb and that helped for the time being but i was not able to tune it. After only 1/2 a turn of the high speed needle it was already too lean.. obviously their is another air leak somewhere, hopefully not the fuel tank.. I will be shipping the engine to hpi tommorow or sat so ill keep u guys updated!

You might be the most repetitive poster we've ever had, congratulations!

Don't forget to seal the carb as well, most air leaks happen there. Both at the base of the carb, and over the pinch bolt.

Ok. I'm leaving for a running camp this week so I'm gonna send it in today and see what they have too say. I doubt they will wast their time searching for air leaks.. hopefully I have good new too share when they send it back. Thanks for the advice guys!

Latest posts

Members online

Back