savage won't start

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2dxtreme

well after the truck sat during the winter it doesn't want to come alive no more. i just put in a brand new os8 plug and changed over to the roto start back plate just for ease of starting. i also sealed the motor plate where the back plate bolts to and sealed the carb. the motor is getting plenty of fuel and my glo ignitor was freshly charged. this motor was just broke in before winter and last time i ran it, i do remember it shut its self off unexpectidly and that was the last time i had it running.

easiest way to do it after its been sitting ... just set all the needkles back to factory settings ... they usually are set to flush .... that will give you a base starting point and then once it starts you can slowly tune it to performance settings ... hope this helps ...

ok i'll try that. i know i hadn't moved the needles much during break in.

Might also wanna replace the glow plug with a new one. The one that's in there may have went bad from sittin. Esp if there was a tad bit of fuel left sittin on it.

that is already with a brand new plug i had just got in the mail and opened up the package and put it in. probably won't be able to try anything til this weekend

Did you ever put after run oil in after break in? Also, pretty important when you break in, make sure you are at bdc after you run it. This will help prolong the life of your mill. You may wanna pull your carb and make sure your needles are clean too. But other than that, reset to stock setting and retune.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back