Savage with NovaRossi

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ibanez

Will a NovaRossi Roma 25 fit a Savage X 4.6? And do I need to buy a starting mechanism such as a rotostart or a pullstart? I'm either between this engine or the LRP Z.28r Spec 3. I would prefer if I could get the NovaRossi. Thanks.

It will physically fit in, does it have a pullstart on it from the factory, some of those engines are bump start only so that one thing to check on... I do know the LRP .28 is a good engine, easy to tune and does come with a pullstart on it..... there are a lot of guys running the LRP in their rigs on this forum...

The crank on that :ercm: you listed will not accept a pull or rotostart unit, it is only able to use a starter box to get running....

Darn. So, are there any NovaRossi engines I can get that are pullstart or rotostart for the Savage X4.6?

I think most NovaRossis are bump start :ercm: , not positive, maybe a message to them will get a complete answer

Yup that will work also, but I still think the LRP would be a better choice......

That Novarossi only has 3 ports and while a good engine I just think the LRP would be easier to tune and run, it all comes down to choice. I don't have practical experience with either :ercm: but I do know several guys here who run the LRP and rave about how it runs and ease of tuning and all.......

I know guys who claim their novarossi is " the best engine ever made".

IMHO, novarossi engines are okay, but their are much better engines out there. such as the LRP.

heck, id rather have my dynamite engine over the novarossi.

plus, they're way too pricey for what you get.

From left to right, Picco .26 P3 outlaw, Dynamite .28 mach 2, Lrp .30X. Check out the machining around the ports.
You can't beat the craftmanship of the Italians.
WP_20150626_001.jpg

I know guys who claim their novarossi is " the best engine ever made".

IMHO, novarossi engines are okay, but their are much better engines out there. such as the LRP.

heck, id rather have my dynamite engine over the novarossi.

plus, they're way too pricey for what you get.

and how many Nova engines have you actually run? I have not ran any myself so I cannot give a personal opinion I do run a Picco .21 in my Revo and the craftsmanship is exceptional. With certain engines you do get what you pay for, I own 2 LRP engines that I have not ran yet one is still in the box and the other came with a used savage I bought. So I cannot say what there worth is until I run them probably this fall, without running them I will compare them to the old SH and wasp engines of years ago they where good for the money but not the greatest compared to the high end engines of the time.

Hey Griff, I have an OS21TM with losi 3.4 carb, THS pipe on my Revo. It's OK. My savages runs circle around it tho.
What's your opinion on the picco 21?

I run A picco P21 G1 Pro B Offroad SG shaft on my REVO and wouldn't trade it for anything. Now please understand it is a bumpstart motor I have had it since 2002 with maybe 2 .5 gallons on it, I love the engine and you would have to pay me to get it off my hands easy to tune and wheelies are crazy with it in both gears.

and how many Nova engines have you actually run? I have not ran any myself so I cannot give a personal opinion I do run a Picco .21 in my Revo and the craftsmanship is exceptional. With certain engines you do get what you pay for, I own 2 LRP engines that I have not ran yet one is still in the box and the other came with a used savage I bought. So I cannot say what there worth is until I run them probably this fall, without running them I will compare them to the old SH and wasp engines of years ago they where good for the money but not the greatest compared to the high end engines of the time.

how many have I run? none. but ive seen my buddy's run.

Has a novarossi that came with my latest used savage x purchase online. Its a .21 basic sport comp engine and newish, with a rotostart backplate . It purrs like a kitten and tuned perfectly but doesn't seem to have the awesome grunt of the BB 4.6. I also noted that the head bolts are only a flat head driver which I was unimpressed with. and slightly different thread size to the LRP and K 4.6 so I have decided to use it in my (show pony). I also noted that the pricing for NR engines is 1/3 rd more expensive here in the land down under.

Just my observations

Nova has .28 7 port engine for all 3 starting modes now: plus .28 7 t/rt/ps

Check out off-road engine section of novasorri.it. You'll find them there.

Pick whatever you like.

oops just realized this was an old thread lol

687474703a2f2f74726f6c6c2e6d652f696d616765732f6d617274792f6d617274792d736f6d65686f772d77652d776572652d62726f756768742d6261636b2d746f2d746869732d6f6c642d7468726561642e6a7067

Thread-necro.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Back