savage wheelie bar?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dravage

i was wondering if the hpi wheelie bar is any good i was thinking about getting one it looks like it can handle jumps and wont have to bend it back at least compared to my steel one

its great but the only thing i don't like is the truck still goes over backwards with it. but its very durable.

i can handle the flipping over with a little modification but durability is what I'm worried but ill have to get one and test it at a favorite bash spot of mine

very durable. i had a integy one it worked great for one wheelie then it just bent. the hpi one is the best ive used, just make sure your kit comes with bearings mine must of been a factory defect cuz it didnt come with them.
i wasnt happy haha.

If you use some throttle control the HPI bar works just fine. It just takes a little practice but can be mastered.

durable? yes. if your lookin for it to keep your sav at a certain wheelie height without flipping over? forget it.

durable? yes. if your lookin for it to keep your sav at a certain wheelie height without flipping over? forget it.

Took the words right out of my mouth frddy, but like oregonmud said willa little practice you can matser how to keep it from ending up on it lid. Took me a while but i got it down pretty good now.:peace:

the flipping over is an easy fix ill just modify it once i get a good look at it and actually use it

If you use the wheelie bar on a truck with the rotostart, the big wheel makes it a little more difficult to get the shaft into the backing plate.

my first was the hpi all i did was heat the plastic arms and bent them then made a bracket to suit,but the one i use now is traxxs one it is dual wheel,and has 3 settings so far this one i find the best

I ordered my HPI wheelie bar, should be here tomorrow. I can stand my XL up to the 12 o'clock position with just the body on and not flip it over so I'll think I'll do fine with this wheelie bar on. I drag the tail gate for a second with the GT Gigante body on there with out flipping it so I think with the bar it will be good to go, if not I'll just modify it.

the mdf spurrs wheelie-drag bar works really well to!! i have both wheelie bars and for the more powerful engines i actually like the spurrs better!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have just fitted a spurrs to my xl aswell.I haven't tested it yet as my xl is having a rebuild but it looks impressive.

they have the ladder frame design the custom fit the no mod mounting and the fully adjustable length and angle which one 2 get?

when i ordered mine i e-mailed him directly and if i recall right he knocked a little off the price because he saved ebay costs

the great thing of this wheelie bar is lets say you want fast takeoffs with no fear of wheelies you flip it around and its a drag bar great for when you need the insane hole shots lol

Latest posts

Members online

Back