savage vs revo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crash

I had an opportunity to race a Revo today.

three races all ended the same way, me passing him on two wheels.:FarleyParty:

It was so sweeeeeet

good job crash!!! I found out at the first race I had with the X 4.6 that the revo's are no match for the savage with a good motor. GOOD JOB!!!!!!

Had a great bashn day with my nephew. I rebuilt his rustler for him and he
bought a revo while he was waiting. lol

Its really a nice rig but needs some fine tuning to get more speed out of
it. mine was set just rite for today.

Great job well done Crash. This is just what I wanted to hear. What mill and gearing are you running also are you running a 2 speed or 3 speed it the truck that beat him?

Was it a drag race?

poopcars.jpg

lol

I didnt rub it in too much

he is a sponsored motocross racer so its about time I schooled him for
a change

here is a link to his profile
http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/jon37ktm/Home.aspx

My rig was setup with:

15 cb
49 spur
stock HPI 4.6 K ( 7 tanks through it)
2 speed transmission

here is jon doing his thing, not bad
092c6f28-e7d9-44ae-8672-c1f3cc61452b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
poopcars.jpg

lol

I didnt rub it in too much

he is a sponsored motocross racer so its about time I schooled him for
a change

here is a link to his profile
http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/jon37ktm/Home.aspx

My rig was setup with:

15 cb
49 spur
stock HPI 4.6 K ( 7 tanks through it)
2 speed transmission

here is jon doing his thing, not bad
092c6f28-e7d9-44ae-8672-c1f3cc61452b.jpg

man i miss those days!! not sure if any one remembers me mentioning it but i raced for team honda professionally for 6 years and would still be doing it but my back cant take it no more!!

man i miss those days!! not sure if any one remembers me mentioning it but i raced for team honda professionally for 6 years and would still be doing it but my back cant take it no more!!

I did not know that shaun, sounds cool.

what bikes did you race?

My nephew is doing pretty good in motocross and really wants to
make the move to the free style events. He just got Monster energy drink for a sponsor. Thats his biggest sponsor name. Besides my company. lol Big
in my mind.

I raced 2 revos on the weekend plus a bunch of other trucks on a track. I got flogged by the revos. I could keep with them until I crashed lol. You can tell the weight difference through the corners. I will try my best to beat them next month though. I almost beat one of them in one race but he short cut the last corner even though I came very close to passing him on the drag to the line.

Tim what wheels and tires you running? The hpi nubz I'm running
make the savy much lighter, which makes her faster. you should try them
if your racn.

I must admit with a little fine tuning the revo could of been alot faster,
I did not want to mess with it though.
He just got it (used) and I did not want to break it.

I did not know that shaun, sounds cool.

what bikes did you race?

My nephew is doing pretty good in motocross and really wants to
make the move to the free style events. He just got Monster energy drink for a sponsor. Thats his biggest sponsor name. Besides my company. lol Big
in my mind.

i started out on a cr 125 but very quickly ended up on a cr 250. i dabbled a bit with hondas 4 strokes but still came back to the cr lol wow your nephew must be pretty good to have a sponsor i raced for almost 2 years before i got a sponsor then the fun starts!! i never even touched my race bike till raceday, it was all setup for me and i was supplied a second cr 250 to use as a practise bike so i wasnt messing up the other one before raceday!! i honestly loved it even with the injuries and stuff it was all worth it!!

P.S.. just a note... i didnt do freestyle lol yes i loved doing "tabletops" and stuff but no backflips for this guy!! lmao have you ever watched the freestyle guys? they do some pretty insane tricks!! oh and congrats on laying the "SMACKDOWN" on the revo lol

Last edited by a moderator:
cool stuff,

ya he runs four bikes.

ktm 85 's one is an modified class which he uses a bored out 85 to 105 I think

he is at the track three times a week during race season.

I was there sunday all four bikes are broke as of today.

they have theyr hands full getting ready for the season

ya alot of people just don't know how much preparing you have to do!! i was in the gym like 4 times a week as well as practising like 6 days a week!! but now unfortunately the back says no way!! and i rode a ktm once there beasts lol but it was a 250, scared the heck out of as there huge!!

Latest posts

Members online

Back