Savage TVP'S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greywolf123

I keep reading about the stock tvp's either bending. cracking or breaking. I looked at the TCS 5mm tvp's and got a crazy idea that I am going to try. I got 2 new sets of flux hp TVP'S for $10 bucks. I am going to take one set and cut out the places for the battery box mounting brackets and counter sink a few of the screw holes. Then get a few longer screws for mounting the bulkheads and motor mount to the tvp's. Not sure yet whether I will use super glue or gorilla glue to put the 2 sets together along with a few screws to keep them aligned then stick them in a vise or some kinda clamp until I am sure the glue has cured. I will then have a set of 5mm TVP'S to try out. Do you think it will work?

sure it will work, but you need to keep in mind that even tho glued and screwed together it is still not as good as a single piece of material... Get some pics of your work and post them up along with some pics after some bashing.....

I would think that it might be do-able but it's not going to give you any real extra strength as the glue won't prevent it from bending. Adding bolts or rivets is going to only add extra weight.

Have you took a look at the Fast Lane Machine TVP's?

I also feel this will be alot of work for little benefit. That being said, I'm interested to see your work and results.

If you'd like to do something that will make a difference, looks at these guy's TVPs:
Innovative RC
FLM

I also feel this will be alot of work for little benefit. That being said, I'm interested to see your work and results.

If you'd like to do something that will make a difference, looks at these guy's TVPs:
Innovative RC
FLM
I've ran the innovative rc tvp's 1inch rear 6mm front. Along with a mid tank mod. They make a good quality product and they are durable. I would definitely recommend them

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back