Savage Suspension conversion .....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DGCON

I've been looking at this and it seems like it's been around awhile . I'm wondering if I just buy Integy rear hubs and adjustable upper arms if it's the same thing ????
643bd8b0.jpg

This is the same setup that came on my Savage X SS. I have not driven the truck yet, but I do like the capability of changing the caster. The intgey hubs also do this with 3 holes at the top. The only issue with this kit is if you ever upgrade to big bore shocks you will need to space out the shock at the top on the shock mount by 1 or 2 washers because the spring body will touch these links.

I did this conversion and really like it. My XL handles very well in my opinion with this setup. Just keep in mind that you can no longer adjust your toe on the rear if this is something that is important to you.
If you decide to go this route, I would shop HERE. $136 is the cheapest price I could find, and their shipping was fair and fast.

Actually, fair was the incorrect term to use in my post above referring to their shipping. Their shipping is free on orders over $100. Just sayin'.

This is one of the best mods you can make on a Savage.
Not only does it change the way it steers it also completely changes the suspension geometry resulting in a lower roll center, better handling and better cornering.
First the caster is changed for much improved cornering. The steering angles are increased for sharper turning. The steering arm length and angles are improved. The upper arm mounts are relocated. The upper arms are shortened and adjustable for dialing in camber.
It makes a huge difference in handling not to mention replacing some week and breakage prone plastic parts. Price out all the comparable aluminum parts individually and you'll find this kit is a great deal. Add a set of big bores and your suspension is done!

One note of caution! Double and triple check your dogbones at full compression as the revised geometry pushes the dogbones into the diff which WILL push the bearings apart causing a blown diff!!!!! I had to reduce my camber setting and remove the o-rings in the cups. I'm also running HD Flux dogbones, cups and diffs.

I failed to mention it, but Scooter is definitely right with regards to the dogbone lengths. I shimmed my diffs and no longer have any side-to-side play at all. I had to be really careful and make sure I left the o-rings out when I assembled everything.
As far as concerns about the strength of these components, forget it. On the rears, I didn't like the little bit of play from the pin in the end of the a-arm. The factory pin was 3.97mm and the hole in the aluminum was ~4.03mm. To eliminate the slop, I tapped the aluminum upright 5mm being very careful to maintain the proper angles, then ran a 5mm drill bit through the end of the a-arms and through the aluminum bushings that came with the conversion kit. Using two 5mm stainless steel bolts, I fastened the uprights to the a-arms.
I am sure that is clear as mud, but point is, I smacked a fence pretty hard with the right rear tire. It broke an ear off of the a-arm at the TVP and bent one of the 5mm bolts....The upright was not damaged at all. So, my opinion, the conversion stuff is pretty dang strong. I will be tossing the SS bolts in favor of some grade 12.9 stuff like the rest of the fasteners on the truck.

i installed this and i wonder where the diffrence is ? i installed to stock settings on the instructions .... i feel no diffrence between stock and rsc ... what am i doing wrong do i need to adjust arm?

i installed this and i wonder where the diffrence is ? i installed to stock settings on the instructions .... i feel no diffrence between stock and rsc ... what am i doing wrong do i need to adjust arm?

You should definitely notice a difference in turning handling and cornering. Especially the amount of lean when turning. One thing I forgot to mention is that the newer kits need to have the steering stops ground down. Be careful and take a little at a time Paying attention to the relation of the dogbones in the cups. You don't want to go too far and start throwing the bones when turning. I had an older version on my truck to compare to when I installed my sons. There are posts on this site that show how to do this. If you really want all the benefits of this kit you'll need bigbores or comparable and a good set of tires.

Since I don't know the full setup of your truck its hard to say why you don't notice a difference. Check your setup and make sure you used the right holes.

i have big bores , i did grind down stops and i triple check all mounting holes and spec in the intructions .... i didnt get to full test it but from driving it in a parking lot didnt see any diffrence first time out i lost the lower screws and bushing and being that there spiecal items i had to find them at ebay so when those arive i will try again .... just got my 3 speed and flm tvps with 17 hex kit there installed and ready ... any other suggestions?

p.s i saw your sig and our truck are set up similar lol hummer body 3 speed 4.6 rtr big bore , polished pipe . lol were twins

i have big bores , i did grind down stops and i triple check all mounting holes and spec in the intructions .... i didnt get to full test it but from driving it in a parking lot didnt see any diffrence first time out i lost the lower screws and bushing and being that there spiecal items i had to find them at ebay so when those arive i will try again .... just got my 3 speed and flm tvps with 17 hex kit there installed and ready ... any other suggestions?

p.s i saw your sig and our truck are set up similar lol hummer body 3 speed 4.6 rtr big bore , polished pipe . lol were twins

Probably not going to notice a lot in a parking lot. Get it offroad. The screws arent special but the bushing is. There is a post somewhere here on different ways to mount those screws so they don't fall out. I lost mine once too but was able to find the bushing. I used longer screws with threadlock on the exposed threads.

Ive replaced my engine with a LRP .28 and lovin it. Guess I need to update the sig. LOL

thanks on update .... i acually was in lhs looking at the lrp .30 lol man its calling my name .

yeah when i get replacement parts ill try on dirt

Latest posts

Members online

Back