Savage SS to brushless

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RDalemark

I want to convert my Savage ss from nitro into brushless without to mutch power. I think the 2200kv and 2350kv engine is too powerfull. Any ideas what fits and what other parts do I need?

I went with a Castle Creations 8th, what a piece of garbage. Now running an Onyx 2200. It's perfect on 2s for backyard bashing. I used the $69 Kershaw kit, it includes the mount, battery boxes and trans gear. I do recommend a metal spur too. I was nervous, literally took 45 minutes start to finish.

I went with a Castle Creations 8th, what a piece of garbage. Now running an Onyx 2200. It's perfect on 2s for backyard bashing. I used the $69 Kershaw kit, it includes the mount, battery boxes and trans gear. I do recommend a metal spur too. I was nervous, literally took 45 minutes start to finish.

What about the castle 1/8 th did you not like??, from what I understand they make some of the best esc's out there, well behind Tekin that is :)

The first one, the ESC was toast right out of the box. The replacement would occasionally need to be recalibrated. And the cogging was insane at slow speed (and happened often just bashing around). I understood cogging is somewhat the norm and was excepting it till I went with the Onyx. I really wanted to love it.

The first one, the ESC was toast right out of the box. The replacement would occasionally need to be recalibrated. And the cogging was insane at slow speed (and happened often just bashing around). I understood cogging is somewhat the norm and was excepting it till I went with the Onyx. I really wanted to love it.

Which kit was it? Sidewinder? Mamba monster 2? Mamba monster X?

Latest posts

Members online

Back