Savage SS switches to reverse during running

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savagess

Hello Guys,

I wonder if you can help with this little issue i have. When i run my Savage SS it switches between forward and reverse without me altering anything on the transmitter or the actual car. Just wondered if anyone has heard of this problem before.

The car is a second hand and as far as i know hasn't been fitted with a reverse gear. There are only 2 stalks on the transmitter so i can't see how it can have a reverese. Will it be an issue with the gearing and the clutch?

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Shaun

it must have a mixer

if you hold the brakes for 3 seconds it will switch to reverse. you can get a 3 channel TX and make it switchable by the remote.

HPI wrights :
To use the mixer to select reverse, simply hold full brakes for 3 seconds. The reverse module servo activates and selects reverse, then you can use normal throttle commands to accelerate and stop. To re-engage forward gear, just hold full brakes for 3 seconds once again, and you're off! This is a much more intuitive way to control the car, rather than using a cumbersome 3rd channel. Both hands stay on the controller for complete command of your Savage X.

My input is get the 3rd channel TX... that mixer will only let you blow up the reverse gears

http://www.hpieurope.com/piw.php?lang=en&partNo=307 this is the part that makes it change over

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your help guys. I shall check that next time i use it. Your help is much appreciated.

Shaun

Latest posts

Members online

Back