savage reverse gear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbadleo

just wondering is the reverse drive worth getting and a new servo or should i just forget it?

also mean to say i have a new upgraded clutch i wanna stick in but want to play with my car for a while

in my humble opinion having reverse on a nitro rig just is not worth the time. just don't hit immovable things and ya wont have any need to have it on......

Same here. I have one which came with the Savage X I got used. Was never installed and is still not installed. Adds weight, adds more mechanical issues. And from what I read so far,...not favourable. Maybe I'll make a winch or something out of it..lol!

tho saying that its not needed, guys ...... i suppose if your a savage sunday driver that don't like to rip up the ground getting big air and all that, then i suppose youd enjoy a reverse gear

even then, don't do it. my dad tried it on his 25 a few years back, and it never worked. the servo didn't shift it right, the gears always broke, and it would have problems getting in to gear. so, he pulled it out, and he's discovered that he doesn't need reverse all that much

imo, that's part of running a nitro. they are like owning a 2 stroke racing atv. they are built for going fast, and perfoming, not for backing up every time u crash. if u want reverse, that's what electric is for. just my 2cents

Latest posts

Members online

Back