Savage k5.9 Backplate Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

venomtalon

So I pulled my k5.9 engine from my savage to clean and seal her up. I think there might be an issue with the backplate the the one way shaft. Should there be any play with the one way shaft and the backplate? I can wobble it a little and have no idea if that is normal. Sorry for all the questions and thanks for the help!

So I pulled my k5.9 engine from my Savage to clean and seal her up. I think there might be an issue with the backplate the the one way shaft. Should there be any play with the one way shaft and the backplate? I can wobble it a little and have no idea if that is normal. Sorry for all the questions and thanks for the help!

Here is a short video:

well considering there should be a bushing in the backplate it will have play in it like your video is showing....... not too sure if there is a bearing to replace it, possibly a bit of boat grease will serve to tighten it up a bit, but the play is not too much to worry about unless it gets really excessive

well considering there should be a bushing in the backplate it will have play in it like your video is showing....... not too sure if there is a bearing to replace it, possibly a bit of boat grease will serve to tighten it up a bit, but the play is not too much to worry about unless it gets really excessive

Okay, thanks for the feedback.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back