Savage is bogging when pressing full throttle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GLISEON

hello again guys, as I went out to tune my savage I noticed it was bogging on full throttle. Running rich and a hot day I was obviously leaning the hsn. I was getting better performance for 1/4- half throttle but after that it would just bog and speed the rpms. It was overheating so I stopped and came home. Also the brake could be stuck as if when I apply the brake it weaknly stops and seems like it doesn't catch.

Below are pics of the brake.

Attachments

• IMG_4650.JPG
    IMG_4650.JPG
    263.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4648.JPG
    IMG_4648.JPG
    266 KB · Views: 3
One thing I see is that slipper nut is way too loose, tighten that down until the spring is mostly compressed and it will still slip under heavy loads.....

One thing I see is that slipper nut is way too loose, tighten that down until the spring is mostly compressed and it will still slip under heavy loads.....
damn my mistake. Going to have to tighten that and what do you mean its gonna still slip ?

Like under a heavy load, even tightened down tight the slipper will slip and keep your trans and other parts from being damaged...

Like under a heavy load, even tightened down tight the slipper will slip and keep your trans and other parts from being damaged...
Ah ok thank you for clarifying that for me. I will be doing that as soon as I get off work

I

I messured the temp after some seconds a adywr turning the engine off and they were at 250 plus there was smoke coming off the head so I just turned it off
Might be useful to pull the engine, clean it and seal it up with RTV. You may find a crack or loose screw somewhere letting air in. I had a backplate or two come loose after a while. Went from running great, to running like crap to not running pretty quickly.

Might be useful to pull the engine, clean it and seal it up with RTV. You may find a crack or loose screw somewhere letting air in. I had a backplate or two come loose after a while. Went from running great, to running like crap to not running pretty quickly.
I hope I don't have n air leak man ); temp today was 100+

Latest posts

Members online

Back