savage HPI carb Question w/ pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dociledragons

I disassembled my savage 4.6 HPI carb. Was wondering how far the screw in question goes in?

full-view.gif

side-screw.gif

SAM_.gif

in your first pic the screw you are calling low speed is actually the mid speed needle. set it flush and put silicone over it. they are the worst place for an air leak on that carb. the low speed is the needle on the throttle slide like the pic in your secomnd post

In another post of yours i coulda sworn I said flush on all needles. Then High speed needle will have a mark on the brass and the bottom of the black goes to that for factory settings.

You don't touch the mid range at ALL!!
Put some RTV on the the screw and seal it up flush.
Mickey and Jud got you covered on the other screws.

HSN: Flush with groove
LSN: Flush with case
IDEL: 1 mm

Here is some thing to remember
lean-rich.jpg

Once you go back to factory settings, let the engine tell you what it wants,
(i.e more fuel, less fuel, more air, less air)

Hope this helps.

In another post of yours i coulda sworn I said flush on all needles. Then High speed needle will have a mark on the brass and the bottom of the black goes to that for factory settings.

You did. I didn't know you meant flush on both. Didn't even know the other excised until yesterday.

Thanks everybody's help.

yes it a adhesive which will stop the midrange needle from "wandering"!! i hate the midrange needles there more trouble then there worth!!! lol i have heard so many people having troubles with the midrange needle backing out and stuff

offical name of it is Permatex Ultra Copper Maximum Temperature RTV Silicone Gasket Maker

part number at most auto parts stores is at least autovalue is 101BR or 81878 i know the number by heart lol

i think even walmart has it in the automotive section i know my local walmart has it for late night jobs

or here is a link to autozones site
for it http://www.autozone.com/autozone/ac...&fromString=search&itemIdentifier=554048_0_0_

advance auto parts link
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/we...-Maker-Permatex_7160075-P_N2132_T|GRP2132____
hope that helps

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back